Topic

Patagonia Rock Craft (formally Rock Guide) soft shell pants 50% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Patagonia Rock Craft (formally Rock Guide) soft shell pants 50% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana
    Thayne N
    BPL Member

@teethless

Locale: Four Corners

Thanks for posting! I've really liked the pair I picked up earlier this year, and was stoked to get a replacement pair at half price! Tons of sizes available too…

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

What are the pros and cons between the "Rock Craft" and the "Simple Guide"? [aside from price, at the moment]

Thanks

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

simple guides are heavier, great for shoulder season and winter- little too heavy imo for summer/3season use

my wife has simple guides she uses for x-country skiing and just raves about them, I've had good luck w/ my Rock Guides year round (just wear a thin base layer underneath if it's cold)

I almost pulled the trigger, but 3 pairs would probably be pushing it :)

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Mike, do these fit true to size? I'm right between a 35 and 36, some brands a need the larger and some the smaller. I've never had a patty pant so I'm shooting in the dark on this one, please help.
    Thanks,
    Tad

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Tad- I'd say pretty true to size, if I were between sizes I'd probably opt going up vs down, better a touch loose vs a touch tight :)

Mike

David Passey

@davidpassey

Locale: New York City

Love these pants
    Great function and fit

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks Mike- I missed out, was looking for something to get me over $50 and when I went back to finalize the 36's were all gone- by the patty website these do run a little slim so I would only go with the 36's

brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

theyve got the shorts too @ $34

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools