Topic

Socks for hot weather

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Socks for hot weather

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Injinji socks don't work for me. It takes me forever to work my toes into the holes and the socks are too long on my smaller toes so I get flaps hanging off the end.

Jeff K
    Spectator

@jeff-k

Locale: New York

I didn't have any problems with blisters until I tried the injini socks.

When I used them my toes would spread out and rub against the front of my shoes and create blisters.

To be fair I have exceptionally long toes and it did feel liberating to have my toes move around. If I had a larger pair of shoes it might have worked, but I went back to my standard smart wool socks and no more blisters.

James D Buch
    BPL Member

@rocketman

Locale: Midwest

I have had the opposite result from using Ininji toe socks.

They felt really funny the first time I tried them and immediately felt I had wasted money on the purchase of several pair.

It was that feeling of fabric between the toes that is unique to those socks.

I haven't particularly had any problems getting my toes in the little sockets, but my toes are not large in diameter and other than the second toe, which is extra long and can cause problems, they aren't long.

If the socks are stiff with hiking junk, such as the third wearing without washing, then getting them on is a little harder. Regular socks, even if stiff with hiking junk pretty much simply slide on in much the same old way.

I do wish they were less expensive. but for hiking, I have gotten used to buying "quality" or at least expensive socks.

If they don't work well for you, they just don't work well for you.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

for those who have blister issues … there are coolmax and merino socks that have a built in liner … i find those work very well

they also wick moisture to the part of the sock

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools