Topic

TNF Verto Jacket for $84 @ EMS

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals TNF Verto Jacket for $84 @ EMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Lehoux

@aaronjayl

Locale: Southern Maine

Just got a sale email from EMS and saw that they have the Verto on sale for only $84. Thought some of you might be interested…

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11850622

brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

"putting the 'BLAZE' into Blaze Orange"
    or
    the perfect garment for those who intend to get lost in the woods, and who know search efforts will be conducted by air, in poor visibility, and who Really wanna Stand OUT

is it me or are these overthetop crazy LOUD colors on outdoor fabrics going in the OPPOSITE direction of Going Light?
    It seems you cannot 'Leave No Trace' when you're sticking out like 2 sore thumbs…

I'm picturing a very loud fidgety checkerboard slacks-wearing used car salesman at a zen buddist weekend retreat, exploring Stillness & Silence
    ;)

Anyhoo I vote for a new name for that color:
    current = Monarch Orange
    proposed: Staying Alive in Deer Hunting Season

Aaron Lehoux

@aaronjayl

While I do understand your point, I personally like having a really bright layer or two. I typically backpack solo due to my scheduling. Because of this, I want a layer that stands out should something go wrong. Plus, as you pointed out, it definitely comes in handy during hunting season here in New England. I checked it out at the local EMS and the Verto orange isn't too overly crazy. You should see my orange Norrona Aero 60. It makes the Verto look downright tame in comparison.

Ken Nguyen
    BPL Member

@ninjapuppet

Locale: B-Town

Note its designed as an alpine jacket.
    I prefer subdued colours for backpacking but for alpine, bright colours gets you seen, eg belaying in spindrift, glacier crossing in whiteouts. You look better on photos too

James R
    BPL Member

@habakkuk

Not too long ago EMS sent out emails with $15 off $75 purchase with no sale item exclusions gear bux coupons. That would sweeten the deal.

Aaron Lehoux

@aaronjayl

Thanks for the reminder about the coupon. This is a single use $20 off code for someone. I'm tapped out on gear shopping right now so I'll pass it along. It's good for $20 off any one item of $75 or more with no sale exclusions. Expires on 6/19/12. I tried testing it with the Verto in cart and it does work.

Promotional Code: 20075200750478825292

Piney
    BPL Member

@drewjh-2

Thanks Aaron, I was looking for a good deal on a wind shirt!

Aaron Lehoux

@aaronjayl

I was very tempted myself at that price!

Aaron Lehoux

@aaronjayl

Luckily my fiancee hadn't deleted her email either. Here's another single use $20 off coupon:

Code: 20075200750477623886

Mike H

@mikehaf

Thanks a bunch, grabbed one for 64!

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

James R
    BPL Member

@habakkuk

I did not need a windshirt as I have Rab Cirrus that fits me well. However, I did end up venturing into Salem, NH store to check out their clearance rack. Ems end of season clearance always has surprises – I picked up EMS branded power stretch hoody in black for $50 with some socks and a hat to bring the total over the $75 threshold. My local store had a bunch of Smartwool shirts of all sizes. Right now is a good time to get odds and ends for next year's season.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

verto jacket is also 84 at your local rei on sale

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

If you take a quick online survey from moosejaw the womens verto is 59.99 shipped

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

vert

Piney
    BPL Member

@drewjh-2

Nice jacket, and only 3oz in a size XL!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools