Topic

Terranaut Molecule Chair

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Terranaut Molecule Chair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jake Broadway

@jake2185

Just wondered what everyone thought of this new chair. The company is called Terranaut and the chair is the Molecule.

It's no ultralight backpacking chair but it is half the weight of those other camp style chairs you see everywhere. It makes a good base camp chair and is light enough at 4.1 lbs to replace those "other" chairs.

Jake

It would help if you had read the instructions at the entrance to the Forum!
    For ANYTHING commercial there are TWO requirements:
    a) it goes under Gear Deals
    b) you FULLY disclose your association with the company.

Ah well. I will have this thread moved to Gear Deals.
    Whether it is relevant to BPL … I leave to our Readers to decide for themselves.

Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    Backpacking Light

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

You are COO of Terranaut.

Anyway. You need a higher weight limit. People are really fat these days.

Jake Broadway

@jake2185

Yes, I was just looking for feedback on what people thought. I figured this may not be the place but it just says it's all about gear so I figured I'd ask for input. I'll remove it if I can.

Sorry Ken, I didn't mean to offend.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Fair enough. A little disclosure goes a long way.

Still the 200# weight limit don't cut it.

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

Given the weight of this chair, I just don't think anyone is going to consider it for backpacking (the focus of this site). The Slinglight chair is lower to the ground but otherwise similar to yours, Jake (full aluminum frame, four legs), and it supports 250lbs and weighs 18 oz. I could carry three Slinglight chairs and they would, together, weigh less than one Molecule chair. I don't mean to deride your product. It might be great for barbeques, birthday parties, festivals…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools