Topic

Stoic Hadron Down Anorak for $72 on backcountry

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Stoic Hadron Down Anorak for $72 on backcountry

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

unique LW anorak at great value
    decent reviews.
    MSRPW (manufacturer's suggested real proximate weight) 8 oz
    Free Ship.

http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-hadron-down-anorak-mens?rr=t&cmp_id=&rrType=ClickCP&rrProd=SIC0138

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

My small comes in at 6.8oz, for reference.

Tommy Franzen
    Spectator

@tomlike

Locale: Pacific Wonderland

I picked one up a while ago at a similar price. My large weighs 7.75oz. Nice fitting hood, elastic cuffs, will be great this summer!

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Nice find. Also, no love for the pullover version? It's almost the same as the anorak, just minus hood, so a bit less weight/warmth and a lower price – $63.60:

http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-hadron-down-cardigan-mens?rr=t&cmp_id=&rrType=ClickCP&rrProd=SIC0137

I have the pullover in a medium, and it weighs 194g (6.84oz). With either model there is opportunity to shave a few extra grams off – you could remove part of the cuffs (they are rather long) and swap out the hem adjustment cord for something lighter.

I had almost bought the hooded version instead of the pullover, but I wasn't sure about how the hood performs in use. For those who own the anorak, how well does the hood work?

Nicholas Meadors

@nickoli

Locale: Teh Front Range

I had their vest, and sold it because I wanted some warmth on my arms as well.

I'm really considering picking this up, even though that color is blinding…thanks for the heads up

Edit: My graze colored stoic pullover arrives on Monday. I read that the "graze" color is nowhere near as bright as the pictures show. more of an evergreen supposedly, I'll photograph it when i get it.

I went with the un-hooded for 10 bucks less and threw in a Merino beanie to replace my old fleece…I was a little worried about the non adjusting hood, and figured I'd rarely use it anyhow.

Should be a great deal. 2 oz of 850 fill down will make it plenty warm enough for me.

Royal Magnell

@blueman

Locale: Northern CA

I just got mine. It seems really nice for crazy light down jacket. $70 was a total steal.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Hi Royal,

What colour did you get? also is the fill even?

Cheers,

Stephen

Royal Magnell

@blueman

Locale: Northern CA

I got the nasty green color. The color is much nicer in person. The fill seems to be even. I haven't been over it with a fine toothed comb, but I'm impressed with the seeming quality. I'm certainly not complaining for $70! And it's light, probably 8 oz or less.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

70 bucks is great bargain, I am half thinking of getting one but cannot decide on which colour, I know it's a bit lame :-)

Andy Chassé
    BPL Member

@andyc

I picked up the pullover a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it so far. Great piece of gear for $63 and some change!

Yes 1000
    Spectator

@mamamia

I see the price $118, its not $70 anymore.

Brandon Campbell
    BPL Member

@bignlittle

Locale: Southeastern Indiana

You can still buy it on their dept of goods site last I checked.

Yes 1000
    Spectator

@mamamia

What is dept o goods site? please explain

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

It's their outlet site , look at the top of the home page and click on outlet

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/stoic-hadron-down-anorak-mens

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Just ordered a Hadron hoody for 70.95 in Vintage from Department of goods, I am hoping it's not too ghastly :-)

Edward Jursek
    BPL Member

@nedjursekgmail-com

Locale: Pacific Northwest

How do the sizes run? I am between a L and a XL, so does it run big or small? Thanks!

Brandon Campbell
    BPL Member

@bignlittle

Locale: Southeastern Indiana

Smallish. Think montbell like sizing

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools