Topic

UPPER MIDWEST GGGG

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports UPPER MIDWEST GGGG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Gretchen and Travis, Mark, James, Dave and Doug
    On May 10-13 a few BPL members met at Yellow River State Forest in NE Iowa to discuss gear, life and meet some like minded individuals. We fished,Mark fly fishinggrilled,Dinner talked about gear and grilled some more.Lunch and/or Dinner James demonstrated his .495 oz bear hanging kit. By the way,if any of you run into James on the trail ask him about his car key. Since I had to leave at noon on Saturday this concludes the first half of the report. Thank you Mark for getting the ball rolling.Josh and Winnie Josh and Winnie.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Hey that's cool. Does the 4th G stand for Grub?

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Thats Grilling

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone who attended this weekend. It was great time and I enjoyed getting to know everybody. We had seven, excuse me eight that attended including Winnie the wonder dog and everyone added something special to the mix. I could do this again next week with the same bunch. Thank you all again for making the upper midwest GGGG happen. BTW dont wait to meet James B on the trail ask him about his car key now

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Of course, duh.

James Byrnes
    Spectator

@backfeets1

Locale: Midwest.... Missouri

I have no picture of the "Key" and no time for a thousand words.

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

David,

Thanks for taking the time to post up your pictures of the trip.

Was curious to see how it all went.

Looks like it was fun and good eatin too!

Here is to hoping that you will have more get togethers with other BPLers and have the gatherings grow.

-Tony

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I shoulda taken some pictures. I got to see 4 shelters I've never seen before: Josh's Hexamid Duo, Mark's Lightheart Solo, James' Sublite Sil, and Doug's SMD Trekker. Very cool!

Mark made a good point when he said "I could do this again next week with the same bunch." Me too. I think we all got along nicely and it was a comfortable group. Hopefully we can grow the Midwest chapter for next time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools