Topic

Trinity Alps Septemberfest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Trinity Alps Septemberfest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Weekend Bump. I'll be asking for a head count here shortly.

Sept. 28-30th

This year, I have kept the hike in a little shorter. Those of you who drive 4+ hours to get here should not get a nine mile hike in the fist night right away as a reward.

I have chosen Bowerman Meadow as our base camp location. 3.5 miles from the trailhead. This will give us a chance for two different hikes from there. The Four Lakes Loop is accessible from Long Canyon Trail.

From the meadow there is a challenging cross country route to three remote lakes, Lake Anna, Billy Be Damn Lake, and Echo Lake.

This trip promises lakes, granite, mountains, views, good times.

How to get there…

Find yourself on Hwy 299 in Weaverville, CA. and the junction with Hwy 3. Go north on Hwy 3 for 22.5 miles. You should spot a sign that says Long Canyon Trail 3, Mule Creek 7 turn left here onto County Road 115. This junction is shortly beyond Guy Covington Drive on the right and immediately after a bridge over the East Fork of the Stuart Fork.

Travel along paved road passing numerous turnoffs to private houses until you reach a right hand turn onto Forest Rd. 35N10 at 2.6 miles, which should be signed for Long Canyon Trail. Follow this gravel road for 0.3 mile to another signed intersection, where you turn left into the ample parking area near the trailhead.

Like last year it is best if each carload gets their own backcountry permit. They are free. You can register in Weaverville at the Forestry office west of your intersection with Hwy 3.

Hope this sits well with all of you.

See you there!

Feel free to PM or ask me any questions or comments.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Can you self register at the Weaverville office late at night?

Chris C
    BPL Member

@cvcass

Locale: State of Jefferson

Yes you can, the permits are in a small information kiosk outside the office. You just fill out your permit and drop half into a box a keep the other half.

martin fusek

@martyfuse

Locale: PNW

I live in Arcata and though I'm pretty new to this forum it would be fun to meet some of you more experienced backpackers. I absolutely love the Trinities, perhaps I will be there to meet you all if I can get away from work…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Martin, check your junk mail for your PMs.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Moved the discussion to Group Trip Announcements here

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/process#forumtop

Or use Marc's link below. Thanks Marc.

Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

HERE is the link to the Group Trip Announcements.

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools