Topic

MYOG camelpack bottle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG camelpack bottle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

I wanted to be able to use my powerade bottles with a hydration hose out of my bottle holder pockets on my Osprey Exos. no unpacking the sleeve inside for refilling, no washing the bladder, etc.

1/2" drill bit and it doesn't even leak upside down :)
    bottle

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Pretty cool bottle mod. The only thing I see wrong is how do you get the liquid in the final 2 inches of the bottle since the interior straw does not extend to about 1/4 inch from the bottom?
    Terry

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

It was a quick photo. i have pushed the hose further down now so it will reach the bottom.

i am really psyched that the hose was tight enough through the hole to create a seal without anything extra like silicon caulk or something.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

What prevents the bottle from collapsing due to vacuum? The Evernew adapters have a small valve in the lid.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

nothing, though the powerade bottles are pretty stiff so they don't collapse but drinking might get harder? i haven't played with it a whole lot. Maybe drill a small hole and cover it with white athletic tape as a breathable membrane but won't let it splash out?

Daniel Cox
    BPL Member

@cohiker

Locale: San Isabel NF

I would bet that if you sucked out a bunch of water and created a vacuum eventually the pressure difference would correct itself via the small gap between the hose and cap.

I don't claim to be an engineer, but I've seen my son's baby bottles do the same thing through the *tiny* hole in the slow-feed newborn nipples. They're small enough that the surface tension of the milk won't allow drips more frequently than one every few seconds.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools