Topic

Crazy Golite Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Crazy Golite Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

There's a really small link on each product page to post a review. If the email address you enter is already in their database you'll be forced to log in and re-enter the review.

Moments later you receive an email with a coupon for 20% off valid for a month, even before they have validated / moderated the review.

Now the downside for locals: the retail stores have no idea how to process the coupon code. They will direct you to the website. But if you live in a state that Golite has a business presence, you have to pay shipping and sales tax. I just experienced this in the Boulder store, 15 minutes ago.

Golite have a lot to learn about being a brick and mortar retailer.

Eric Drew

@vtaduck

Locale: Sespe Wilderness

Bought a new Jam last week, then this sale pops up today. I called and they refunded me an extra $40, it was easy to reach someone on the phone and they were super friendly. I really appreciate that sort of thing.

Emil Gazda

@emilio

Locale: Southeast

They also refunded the difference of my SL3. Customer Service was again very friendly. After not being refunded the difference for the recent clearance I am incredibly satisfied with my purchase. I may even use the extra cash and the 20% coupon for the 3 season quilt!

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Congrats, Emil. I told you that customer service wasn't consistent. Glad your perseverance paid off.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Thanks, Dan, Anna, and Stuart–it was right there, in tiny letters. So I wrote a lengthy review of my beloved SL-3, hit "Send," and they reminded me that I had to be logged in. I then did, but my password had expired and I had to set up a new one. My first review had been deleted, so this time they just got the Cliff's Notes version. But I got a 20% coupon.

And yeah, Stuart–thanks for the heads up on doing the coupon at the store. I live in Boulder, and I like to hit my bank on the mall, get my parking ticket validated, and slide next door to GoLite to pester the help. On your advice, I just now called my buddy at the GL checkout desk, and he confirmed what you said–the coupon is only good online. So I have to pay shipping and sales tax, but still…

Thanks to this thread for the 20% review coupon info!

Emil Gazda

@emilio

Stuart- You most certainly did. I can be very persistent when we're talking about $100!

BTW here's a 20% coupon code I don't need. I already have 3.

Coupon Code: N55kIv
    Your coupon expires on 5/19/2012.

Manuel Espejo
    BPL Member

@manuel-espejo

Locale: La Cuchilla de los Santa.

is not possible for me to buy new Jam's pack, the place that sell this pack at a affordable price for me is the Golite web and GL don't accept my Colombian credit card, maybe a BPL member can order for me? I can transfer the money first via Paypal.

please help me, this is not a Scam.

p.d: excuse my english.

Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

Thanks for the heads up on this everyone! I just got a new Jam and a 800 fill 3 season quilt for a total of $185. I haven't ran across a better deal than that for awhile.

Kris Cavitt

@netmonster

Locale: North Texas

I have been wanting to get a UL pack. This sealed the deal for me great packs, even greater prices.

Ceph Lotus
    BPL Member

@cephalotus

Locale: California

Do the Golite tents include the floor & netting? It's not clear on the website, and I recall from before they had to be bought separately.

Emil Gazda

@emilio

They include the fly and the inner. The inner is the netting and floor combined.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

it's the whole tent not just the flysheet

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Tents include the flysheet and the nest (integrated floor and mesh). Floors were discontinued at the end of last year, as were the flysheets and nests sold individually. Every once in a while they pop up on the clearance closet page. If an item is listed as 'temporarily out of stock', it's worth calling customer service, as they sometimes have a few items kicking around in the warehouse.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Im the OP, I put "Crazy" in the title in hopes of getting everyone's attention. I'm a golite fan, good stuff. Best deals I have ever seen.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

I've just compared the weight of this kit with what I have and the GoLite name should be GoHeavy.e.g. their Shangri-La 1 dual-layer tent is 1Kg with pegs excluding poles. Compare to say Tarptent Notch 0.7Kg.

They aren't using the lightest materials. That is helping keep the costs low. E.g. their sleeping bag for 0F -18C which would typically for a "lite" demand 800fp/900fp they're using 650+fp so leading to 1.6Kg. Compare to say a PHD Minim 600 0.9Kg but at over 4x the cost.

Good prices though. Probably needs to be to offset the weight :) The name Golite is really GoHeavy or GoCheap?

It is worrying all these sales, thick+fast a lot of product dumping. I got umbrellas a few weeks back and the 2011 Jam and Peak a few months back.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

Nigel, maybe they know something we dont? is the world really ending end of 2012? Are GoLite head honchos living it it up on these sales revenues for the last 6 months of our existance? lol

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

I dunno, GoHeavy, GoCheap, GoEndOfTheWorld….

Good though someone can kit themselves with new stuff, tent, sleeping bag, waterproofs, etc for not much….. Not Lite though….. must be sickening if someone bought their stuff outside of these sales. I was surprised to see their 2012 prices, usually inflation sends $ upwards.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Nigel, I just compared my cuben 9 X 8 tarp 0.17kg to your Notch 0.75kg, you should call your kit "notch another pound on my gear list".

(joking)

Bill Reynolds
    BPL Member

@billreyn1

Locale: North East Georgia Mountains

Anyone have an extra 20% coupon? Thanks

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

just write a review and they will send you one

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

> I was surprised to see their 2012 prices, usually inflation sends $ upwards.

Their sales and clearances the past several months have certainly been unusual. Just picked up 2 Jams for the same price I paid nearly 3 years ago when they were 40% off.

Thanks for the tip on the coupon, too!!!

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Sweet!

I was about one second from buying a visor and a pair of Mesa 9" shorts three days ago, but saw the $10 shipping and changed my mind. The 20% off review coupon makes shipping basically free. Didn't hurt I added a Manitou T-shirt either.

Ryan

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Not like-for-like. Correct, you can go lighter than a Notch, just remove doors, netting, floor, and the corresponding warmth and insect protection. "To each their own".

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

How long does it take to get your code after you submit a review…

Also, I need a new rain jacket. Are any of the golite one's a good value?

Robb Watts
    BPL Member

@rwatts

Locale: Western PA

Almost instantaneously. Takes longer to sneeze.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools