Topic

Vegas to Lone Pine California

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Vegas to Lone Pine California

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    daniel B
    Spectator

@dbogey

Locale: East Coast

Have a day to kill between my arriving in vegas and my Sierra High Route Adventure. Are there any sites that I can stop by on my way to Lone Pine Ca that I would enjoy. I'll fly into vegas wednesday night and need to be in lone pine early saturday.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Lots of things to check out there in a day trip

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I'd stop by Manzanar.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Death Valley is getting warm, but there are historic sites and hikes up side canyons that you spend a week exploring.

I've always liked the Bristlecone Pine area in the White Mountains. It will help a tiny bit with your acclimatization to altitude. More so if you overnight high in the White Mountains. Use sunscreen!

Try to find the SCAA (so cal auto assoc) Owens Valley road map. It has excellent details on attractions, dirt roads, historical ruins, etc. Maybe someone has put it on line?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I would spend as much time high up trying to acclimatize. Especially coming from no elevation territory. The Bristlecone Forest and the White Mountains are pretty cool. I like the view from Telescope Peak. You can see Badwater and Whitney from there. plus a lot more depending on the atmosphere.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools