Topic

California Bikepacking at it’s best!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports California Bikepacking at it’s best!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Snodgrass

@truenorth

Locale: San Francisco, CA

Hey guys I just finished a fantastic bike packing trip thru the costal mountains of Northern California. Check it out. http://bit.ly/I1UZ2U.

Condor!

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Dylan,

Great trip report… thank you.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Awesome.

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

Love the report, dude! My rig sucks way to bad for a trip this legit but maybe someday. What an amazing route too, those long downhill cruises overlooking the ocean must have been all good. What kinds of shelters were used? i would imagine my Golite SL3 would work well for a trip like this but…Anyway, good to see you're livin like a champ Dylan, catch you on the trails!

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Sweet trip! That's a really great bikepack trip. I've hiked or biked parts of that route but never imagined putting it all together like that.

I'm planning to do a route through the Santa Barbara backcountry very similar to yours next month with a couple of friends. We'll start out in Cuyama, get up onto Sierra Madre Ridge Rd and from there connect to Big Pine Rd and then cross the SY River and go up and over the front country range and into SB. We're going to take our time and do it as an overnighter, explore some cool stuff along the way.

Thanks for motivation and inspiration!

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Excellent trip.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Wow!

How did you figure that out?

I can only imagine what sort of trip itinerary you and Amy Lauterbach could come up with if you put your heads together.

I just bought a bike that would work well for that sort of trip, I think. I would love to visit the Carrizo Plain.

Good work!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Fantastic! Beautiful, mud and all. Some beautiful work on the bikes.
    Thanks.

Rick Horne
    BPL Member

@rick778

Locale: NorCal - South Bay - Campbell

Great read, really enjoyed it.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Loved this. Not your typical BPL trip report. Thanks.

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

Really enjoyed this, great read. Hoping to do a bike tour of my own here in a few months

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

Good job Dylan, i have been the other way on ridge road towards cone peak in Ventana. It looks really long on the map. Glad you had a great trip!

Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I'm catching up on reading trip reports and just yesterday read Dylan's fantastic bike trip report; and then saw that David Lutz mentioned my name in his comment, so I thought I ought to chime in :)

This thread inspired me to post our report:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=64148

David – did you know that Jim and I rode a route that overlapped Dylan's, including the Indians Road and the Carrizo Plain? You can combine info from Dylan's route and from our route in order to create a route that is perfect for you and your new bike!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools