Topic

Lightweight sleeping pad…here we go again!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightweight sleeping pad…here we go again!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    William Cefalu

@wcefalu

Locale: Louisiana

Planning to do the JMT again this summer. Looking for ( yet again) a lightweight pad… Two years ago, did High Sierra trail and used the NeoAir. Slept very well, but was very careful about placement to reduce chance of puncture. Last year had custom Kookabay mat..also slept very well, but noticed slow air drain by morning.

I want a balance of lightweight, but comfort….worried about the Ridgerest for comfort, although the short is in the weight category I want.

Can anyone suggest a lightweight pad that has it all…..Lightweight, comfortable, and dependable….what does anyone suggest?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Simple. Blue foam pad or else egg-crate foam. Maybe 18" wide by 36" long, often in two pieces.

–B.G.–

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

So what's wrong with the NeoAir and some care? The All Season is burly.

Curry
    BPL Member

@veganaloha

Locale: USA

I like my z-life and just ordered Another one from REI since they are having their 20% off sale. If you're not wielded to air or very heavy, I think the egg-shell foam is fine.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"egg-shell foam"

Surely you mean egg-crate foam.

–B.G.–

Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

i'd really like to try one of these, but i haven't heard too much about it and it seems a little pricy. would be great to hear from someone who has used the pad if it's worth it.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

These look like a longer version of the GG Nighlight pad. I've used the torso-length Nightlight as both a pad and a frame in my Conduit. Plenty of padding…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools