Topic

huge sale on theclymb.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals huge sale on theclymb.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

This might be their biggest sale ever.

https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/MattAllen

(full disclosure, I get a $10 credit if you buy something under me)

since you guys insist that I post specifics, here are a few items that jumped out and caught my attention.

Westcomb Men's Specter Insulated Hoody. eVent and Primaloft. $199
    Core Concepts Men's Uncle Ben Bib. $99
    Klymit Unisex Zephyros Rain Shell (10.5 oz) $75
    Granite Gear Flap Jacket – Touch $11.98 (I use one of these for my iphone when hiking)
    Outgo 8 oz Smart Suds
    $2.98

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Really ? You didn't get that this sale is all the stuff that they didn't sell during their regular sales throughout the year (i.e.. the leftovers) ?

P S

@xeren

Locale: Southern California

anything worth looking at? the only brands i recognize are merrel and dakine, and all the dakine snowboarding stuff i have is decent, but not amazing

Dave T

@davet

anyone else theclymb.com posted out?

Pete Acker
    BPL Member

@pka45

+1

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

Matthew Allen please list some details (price and brand).

L Miller

@lmiller

Locale: Maryland

None of the deals are even that spectacular.

This is just a lame way to get store credit — and a very transparent one at that — by trying to convince people they're getting a deal.

Just a few by the same poster as this thread… all conveniently have the invite link:

Brooks Range Mountaineering Down gear at theclymb.com
    Arcteryx Harnesses on sale at theclymb
    Leatherman Multitools on sale at TheClymb
    camrlback, sugoi, and uvex at theclymb
    Suunto on sale at theclymb
    PSA: The Clymb is starting a Mountain Khaki Sale Monday!
    Icelantic Ski Sale at theclymb.com
    Mountain Khakis on sale at theclymb.com
    Julbo Glacier Glasses $25
    Merino Wool Hoodys $50, shirts $25 I/O Bio Merino and more
    Gramicci Sale on TheClymb

And more…

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

lame? maybe
    transparent? for sure
    relevant? Maybe not this sale. (For example, last weeks brooks range mountaineering sale was very relevant to this crowd. $125 for the alpini down anorak is a fantastic price.)

If you don't like theclymb.com or their items then don't buy from them. Of course this is a huge sale of many odds and ends, that is why I didn't list everything. Many items and many sizes. Yes, a lot of XL and SM, but lots of other things too.

If this isn't the proper place to list deals, then please show me where that is. (I'm pretty sure this is the right place)

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

It's like pyramid scheme, I don't want to see any posts where someone else benefits. It's like me going out into public telling people to sign up for direct tv so I get a $10 credit off my bill- not cool

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

^ So are you upset when the owner of campsaver.com comes on here and tells us about their sales? (I'm not)

He benefits when you buy something from him.

________

By now, almost everyone knows what theclymb.com is and how it works. If you do not like it then do not buy from them. No problem. There is nothing underhanded or devious about posting sale details. (especially since full disclosure was given)

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

I am also getting tired of the spams we get in this forum. Can we all agree that the least a poster can do is list the price and items available? If you are going to get $10 then at least work a little for it, spend the 10-15 min it takes to list some of the items you think would benefit the backpackinglight community…. We could also have one thread for the Clymb and spammer can all post in that particular thread. I think by now, every regular member in this forum is a member to the Clymb and if they want to, they can chose to get the daily email spam in their mailbox. That being said, they probably unsubscribe for a reason … they got tired of the deals.
    So stop spamming the forum or list actually deals… items+price you think is worth our time…

PS: thanks Matthew for listing some items+price relevant to us.

Richard Malpass
    Spectator

@earthling4469a

Locale: Australia, Planet Earth,

This is VERY SERIOUS! Fancy someone being able to make $10 from someone buying something! This should be against the law and anyone that benefits from selling something and profiteering should be castrated, drawn and quartered…at the least!

I of course am well above this petty nonsense of money making ('ppffft' commoners…) and have NEVER posted a Clymb sale on this forum…I understand that there maybe threads started by someone similiar to my name, but I assure you it was NOT me!

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I posted all the items and prices yesterday, and it doesn't seem like anyone used my link. Like you said, many of us are already members, so why bother doing even a little work for $10?

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

apologies for not originally listing a few of the items. I was posting from my phone, and was on a break.

I hope you guys got in on the Brooks Range Mountaineering deal that I posted earlier. (And I did include specifics) That is a deal that is relevant to the BPL community.

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

I am not asking you to list all of the items (edited: refer to Leafty III). Just the one YOU think are a good deal. Not a good deal in terms of the $10 you get, the good deals in terms of value (to backpacker community). For instance, I thought the Inov-8 sale was a good deal because I myself have used a couple of models for the past 3 years. I sent out the link to my buddy who purchased a pair.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

obviously I am not going to list all the items.

read above post. I did list the Alpini parka earlier that is relevant to the BPL community.

thanks.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Answer this question. Would you post deals about "the climb" if you were not getting $10 for referrals?

I just think it's getting old and played out, we all know there is a sale at the climb every day.

I don't care if you post the deals everyday but please keep it to one thread please.

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

This "Biggest sale of the year" actually kinda stinks. The most recent decent sale that they've had was the Inov-8 sale. Oh well, but don't beat him up to much.

Dave T

@davet

> If you don't like theclymb.com or their items then don't buy from them. If this isn't the proper place to list deals, then please show me where that is. (I'm pretty sure this is the right place)

Well, this is BackpackingLIGHT, not just AllBackpacking.com. So if it's a sale on Gramicci or heavy tents or 20oz. Leatherman plier-tools, it seems less like you want to let a fellow ultralight backpacker know about a great UL-specific deal, and more like you are just looking to get paid. And if you post thread after thread about it, it looks even more so.

IMO, it would be better to list specific gear deals you would want folks to know about even if you weren't profitting from it, and limit the threads to good deals (not just "Big Sale!" threads, especially when the sale is lame).

Anyway, proceed.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

As far as the deals needing to be UL specific, I highly doubt you guys walk around in Tyvek suits 24/7. (Though it would be an interesting fashion choice) Even with that being said, I will try to do better about making these posts geared towards the UL crowd.

Theclymb is a pretty good site, even though their "deals" seem to be hit and miss. They have had great deals on golite, baladeo, and Nemo in the past. Some prices have been fantastic, and others have been more meh.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

Put a sock in it everyone. If you don't want to see what Matthew has posted then don't click on his threads, it is that simple. Can't we all just agree that this argument is ridiculous and move on?

Dave T

@davet

Judging from all your posts, you are pretty new here and soley interact with the forums in Gear Swap and Gear Deals, so I can understand your thoughts on the matter (i.e. it's all about commerce).

Others are free to have a different opinion.

And if you don't want to read my posts on this, don't click on them!

:)

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

"all conveniently have the invite link"

These threads could very well be worthless without the invite link. You said the deals aren't even that spectacular, but apparently you haven't bothered to check the website, or forgot how it works.

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW
    K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Let's keep this to ONE ongoing post to keep the gear deals un-cluttered! If someone starts a new post about deals at the climb they are going to get the same thing as in this thread.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools