Topic

Trip Report: Rockfish Gap to Jennings Creek

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Trip Report: Rockfish Gap to Jennings Creek

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    GD
    BPL Member

@nsiderbam

link: http://nsiderbam.blogspot.com/2012/03/trip-report-spring-break-2012-rockfish.html

Recently went on a 5-night, 105-mile trip with two friends from school for spring break. We had a great time and enjoyed the trip much better than our first backpacking trip the year before (the one that hooked me on this hobby in the first place). I attribute most of the increase in fun and comfortability to our ultralight approach, better planning, and lessons learned from all the trips I've taken since, as not having to lug 45lb packs up and down mountains with no idea of when you'll finish or if you have enough food isn't really that fun.

Anyway, enjoy! I'd love any comments or subscribers to my blog. Also, I'l be posting a more technical report soon, detailing all the gear I took, how each piece faired, what I learned from the trip, and what I'm planning on doing differently for the JMT this summer.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Nice report. It looked like you guys had fun and some fabulous weather. Also enjoyed the trip report from Zion…you're mixing it up a bit.
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools