Topic

Source for quiet, light, blaze orange fabric?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Source for quiet, light, blaze orange fabric?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

I used to live near Mill End Fabrics in Reno that all kinds of cool stuff, but they do not
    ship. Need blaze orange such that a hunter would use, for a daypack. Blaze sil I have, but
    it is a bit too noisy in the brush.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

Rockywoods and OWFINC have some 1.9oz uncoated ripstop in orange, and Seattle Fabrics has some 1.1oz ripstop in orange. They are not listed in blaze orange, and I don't have any specific experience with any of those.

Tim Marshall used some orange on his quilts – pics here

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Seattlefabrics has 1.9 sil in orange. All depends what type of pack you need to make. I have used 1.9 in a lot of packs an yet to see failure. But recently people have been using much burliest stuff in their packs. The 1.9 just has sil on the I side so the standard 1.9 face is what would be exposed to make noise, your call on his noisy but it'd be good for what I do

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Believe it or not there are BPLr's in Reno. Maybe they could do you a favor?

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

There is a Mill End fabric store just a few miles from my house in Portland. It would be an easy errand for me to pick up something and mail it. You can PM me if you want.

David Olsen
    Spectator

@oware

Locale: Steptoe Butte

I will call the fabric stores and check to see what they have.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools