Topic

MLD updated

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD updated

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Matthew L.
    BPL Member

@gungadin

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

I love how the bungee compression cord on the Revelation can be used as a "hip belt" to give more stability during substantial movement. This is a nice way to prevent adding extra weight but still keep the pack under control when running, etc. Awesome!

Brian James

@bjamesd

Locale: South Coast of BC

By the way, Team MLD seems to be absent from the site now.

Did they get their own private place on the web? Or are did they go underground? (Literally or figuratively I guess…)

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Sorry, i can't reveal my sources, nor can i confirm that the following is actually true, so take what i'm about to say with a grain of salt, but my understanding, which may be flawed is that…

Team MLD was lost in their entirety. They haven't been heard from since their solar powered communications failed mid-way through the First Annual Trans-Global Eco-Raid of Mars. Please don't believe the vicious rumors that they succumbed to cannabalism with the last surviving member consuming himself – i can tell you from my research that is NOT a Native American survival technique.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to the "father" of Team MLD, Mr. Ron Bell.

I for one, miss Team MLD and reading, periodically, their Bio's. Hey, did anyone ever get to accompany them to the Artic as was once offered?

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I liked the Team MLD section too. It was a great read and was always fun to let non-UL or non-backpackers read, I got a lot of 'You don't do that stuff, do you?' Anyway, its a tragedy about the whole Mars/cannibalism fiasco…
    Just think of how light their pack felt there compared to here. Though the space suit probably weighed them down.

Adam

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

Nah, their space suit probably only weighed something in the neighborhood of 9 oz or so. Special fibers and all.

Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools