Topic

The Arch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities The Arch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

I have been working with my daughter,over the winter, at our local climbing gym. Today she completed her hardest problem to date, "The Arch". Here are a few videos of her working the wall;

I have an updated link here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qksqEde3Y4

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Wonderful stuff! Not only love the reaction at the end, but really love the quick smile she gives you when she reaches her foot to the other side of the arch. Thanks for sharing!

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

What a little super-girl you have there! Way to raise an empowered, healthy and fun loving child.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

self esteem based on actual accomplishment? What a concept!

Way to go Thom … things like that will serve her well negotiating the cultural mine field that lies ahead.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Awesome daughter! Too bad you didn't get Dad's big smile on video too.

I'll have to show that to my 9 yr. old son as inspiration.

Tom

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

I added a couple additional videos of my daughter on "The Arch". My daughter completed this on her first attempt today and then followed it up with multiple repeats. A strong/solid day of climbing and a proud dad for sure!

ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

nice man!

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Thanks Ben!

Having never climbed myself I can only offer encouragement and support but little to nothing in regard to technique. My daughter has expressed an interest in joining the local climbing team so I will look into that this spring/summer.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

The first day of spring break and my daughter and I headed to the gym to continue work on "The Arch". On her first attempt she completed a double crossing going R2L2R, very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qksqEde3Y4

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools