Topic

5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks input

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks input

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Also known fondly as the G.G.G.

Looking for suggestions on dates. Traditionally this has been a mid-winter get me out of the house type event. It has grown and changed over the years. First three were in January. The past one was in February. I had a couple of comments that President's Day Weekend was not a good choice. I'm guessing because of school.

I would like to keep it a winter thing. But I am sympathetic to freezing wives, husbands, and children.

Jeremy Pendrey
    BPL Member

@pendrey

Locale: California

The timing worked great this year for me to bring my son. Anywhere before mid march is good due to kids' baseball and softball schedules that get busy then, but I'd really be fine with it all the way through April. Last week of March or first week of April is spring break for the kids so no baseball then either, though we are sometimes out of town then too, so who knows.

Anyway, whatever date you pick, I'll try to make it work, and I'll drag along any willing family members.

Thanks.

-Jeremy.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Wisconsin.

;)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Bumping. This event is for all of you. When is good for you? Will be at different spots at Henry Coe this time around for better bathrooms.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Also known as^^^^^

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Ken, late Feb/Early March is fine with me. Really whenever, as long as it's not summer, which is not ideal for Coe.

It sounded like you had some good ideas for the next GGG when we spoke last, so I'm looking forward to it. (our CO move is officially a no-go)

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

I'd be up for the holiday weekend again this year as there is a trip that I'd like to do in the park on Sunday/Monday.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

I'm leaning that way too Jack. Could I talk you into bringing your bow drill for a fire starting demo?

kevin smith

@divr6347

it is the 5th anual ggg for god sake do you honestly think they are going to miss it whatever dates you decide to choose lol

i know im not gonna miss it !!

just post it and they will come lol

kevin

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

If we do President's Day weekend again next year. That would make it the 16-18th of Feb. With my wedding anniversary on the 21st. I'm good as long as those two don't overlap. I'd hate to miss my anniversary.

a b

@ice-axe

Why not bring your wife?
    Perhaps a romantic vacation after the GGG on the way home to the "Redwood Curtain"
    You know, Napa is beautiful AND unpopulated that time of year.

Actually, don't listen to me since i have zero luck in that category…

Carry on…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Thanks Matt. Do I really want Renee to talk with you all? Could be bad for me:) She's no hiker. Will be happy and warm at home with the dogs.

Humboldt is beautiful and unpopulated year round.

Will be my 21st anniversary, OMG! That's 25 years together, more than half my life.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Will be my 21st anniversary, OMG!

Practically newlyweds;-) But keep up the good work!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Thanks Jim.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I've got you beat Ken, and this is my second go around, maybe yours too, can't remember I'm having an oldtimers moment. Hope to make this one.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

..but Jack, you're old.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools