Topic

“Flip Flop Flippin” Appalachian Trail theatrical premier in Portland, Oregon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web “Flip Flop Flippin” Appalachian Trail theatrical premier in Portland, Oregon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hey all, if you live in the general area of Portland, Oregon: the West Coast Theatrical Premiere of "Flip Flop Flippin: One Man's Search for Characters on the A.T." will take place Saturday, March 10th at the Laurelhurst Theatre at 4:30 p.m..

The film by Scott Herriott is a follow up of sorts to his terrific "Walk" series of films about the Pacific Crest Trail.

You can check out the trailer on his website, http://www.squatchfilms.com.

I really encourage you to check out his work. Scott's documentaries reflect his wry sense of humor; his "Walk" films really capture the spirit of thru-hiking. I can speak from experience that his work changed the perspective of my relatives. When they heard that I was going to take a long hike, they commented, "He will die." Then they watched a movie or two and they changed their tune. "He won't die! Worse, he will be unemployable and unwashed."

So you owe it to yourself to go. If you ever had an inkling about a long-distance hike, either as a thru or section hiker, watch this film. It will inspire you and make you think (more than once), "Look at those people. If they can hike the whole thing, I certainly can."

Dirk

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I enjoy Scott's work and this film is no exception. I have not yet finished this evening, but will.

+1 on Dirk's last sentence

Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hey Ken, always good to get an endorsement for a hearty North Coaster. I used to live in Humboldt County and miss the place very much (well, not so much the fog and wind, but the hiking and sea kayaking.)

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Locale: The Great Lake State

Excellent movie, I ordered it from Squatch the day it was available to order and got it a couple days later.

+1 on his "Walk" series too, all are very well done.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools