Topic

Sleeping Pad problem to solve

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sleeping Pad problem to solve

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Darren Bagnall

@dbagnall

Locale: El Portal, CA

Hello –

I thought I would reach out to this community for suggestions. I have two Neo-Air sleeping pads I want to somehow
    tie together without causing damage to them. I have tried tent cordage but it doesn't hold well (too thin or stretchy maybe).
    The pads still separate during the night. Has anyone created something that works for you? I would prefer to keep it light.

PS – I am not interested in purchasing the Thermarest kit designed for this purpose. Word is is doesn't work well.

Thanks,

Step

brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

It might sound crazy, but how about a thin fitted sheet like twin sized?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Sew a couple of loops with wide grosgrain ribbon.

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Richard Gless
    BPL Member

@rgless

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I attach two small NeoAirs together for my wife and I with a couple of loops of 1/2 inch webbing. The loops make a figure eight around the pads, one at one end and a second at the other end. If you use full length NeoAirs you might want to use three or even four loops. It's not perfect, but it weighs almost nothing and works well enough.

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

You could use shock cord in a figure 8 horizontally around the two pad at 1.5 foot apart along the length of the pad with tension kept with cord locks it should hold tight. Plus you could use the extra shock cord as tie downs on your pack.

Or you could make a silnylon sheet with a vertical compartment for each pad sewn in the middle so the pads don't shift and you will also get a the added benefit of not slipping around on the pad and little added warmth and you could wash body grime off of the sheet and let air dry.
    Terry

Mark Dijkstra

@markacd

All your solutions are far too easy. Sure, a shockcord strap is cheap, will work perfectly and can be made in half a minute, but where's the fun in that? I suggest that you glue a zipper to the sides of your neoairs so that you can zip them together. It will be expensive, a lot of work and needlesly complicated, but it will be totaly awesome ;)

Anthony Britner

@ant89

Locale: North Wales, UK

Take some sticky back velcro, inflate both mats and stick it on the sides should do the trick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools