Topic

REI Dividend?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI Dividend?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    P. Larson

@reacttocontact

Has anyone ever wondered if they are actually getting what they are supposed to be getting? As in there is no way I can look up my purchases from last year. And since I am a member, I always tell them that I don't need my receipt. It saves paper, blah blah blah. It makes me wonder…is REI keeping my money?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"As in there is no way I can look up my purchases from last year. And since I am a member, I always tell them that I don't need my receipt."

You just answered your own question. Get the paper receipt and take it home for storage in a cigar box. Keep the cigar box full for about 18 months, and then discard. For one thing, that gives you the ability to look up old purchases.

–B.G.–

Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Well technically you would be keeping your money as REI is a coop therefore owned by its membership. Beyond that REI doesnt have to give a 10% dividend. Technivally the dividend is determined by the board and could be increased or decreased at any time based on company performance.

I would bet that their computer system makes errors on how they classify sale and outket items where you dont get a discount but i dont believe they would ever intentionaly cheat you

Daniel Cox
    BPL Member

@cohiker

Locale: San Isabel NF

REI obviously keeps a record of your purchases. I've seen a print out of everything I bought on a certain day when I returned something. One could potentially get a print-out of all purchases since becoming a member if sales staff were accommodating.
    If you have an REI Visa, that's pretty easily accomplished via monthly statement.

smith david

@smithdavid

Thank you for your information…..

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

From REI today:

Hello,

Thank you for your email regarding the Neo Air Xtherm pad.

We do not have any information as to when we will get them. We do not have a purchase order for them either. That could happen at any time so keep checking back. There will be another coupon in May if you miss this one.

P S

@xeren

Locale: Southern California

weird, I emailed REI a week or so ago about the xtherm and got the following reply:

"Thank you for the email response.

We don't know the exact date for sure. You can check back on the website early April. The 20% coupon is good through April 10, 2012.

If you purchase a different pad with the coupon, you can also exchange it for the REI Therm-a-Rest xTherm pad when it comes in and we will still honor the 20% off coupon.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Does REI's left hand know what the right hand is doing?

The back of the coupon I received in the mail says it expires April 15.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Does REI's left hand know what the right hand is doing?"

It never has in the past, so there is no reason to expect it to start now.

–B.G.–

Kendall Clement
    BPL Member

@socalpacker

Locale: Cebu, Philippines

I got my dividend last week.

Tyler Miller
    BPL Member

@fightingthetide

Locale: Southeast

I went by a local REI today to kill some time and asked one of the sales reps when the dividend and 20% off coupon were expected to arrive. She said sometime in mid March. Then she told me about their current offer to get a $20 gift card if you buy $100+ of merch. I said I knew about it, and then she said I might be better off doing that instead of waiting for the 20% off coupon because, "they still have not decided whether they will send one out this year."

I'm sure their $20 gift card offer is simply a way to get people to buy on impulse prior to the dividend sale (no brainer). But am I crazy to assume that she was just pulling my chain with the 20% off coupon. I'm not buying it. Why wouldn't they send one out.

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure they'll be having the sale

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Got an official flyer in the mail a couple days ago about it, so it's apparently official, … and too late.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

Yes I got the card but as I don't need anything that expensive its just encouraging me to buy something I don't need.

The 20% off one item is useful, I'll get one my regular wear items like socks.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

$1.70 this year. I bought fuel last year. Nearest REI is 3 hours away.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools