Topic

Integral designs still kicking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Integral designs still kicking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Integral Designs looks like they have a ton of new stuff including a new 7oz $135 bivy made of pertex.

http://integraldesigns.com/

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

No link?

Greyson Howard

@greyhound

Locale: Sierra Nevada

Look at the new Integral Designs tents and bivies, then look at the new Rab tents and bivies, and they appear to be identical. Anybody know what's going on?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

RAB bought Integral Designs a while back. Thought they had killed off the ID brand.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Integral Designs owns a bunch of contracts for EMS gear, search and rescue and RCMP in Canada. So I would think Rab would keep some form of the company active. The tents look different and so do some of the bivis. They're becoming GM. Exact same product different logo on it, and different sale prices…

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

ID still has their shelters up but the Thru-hiker jacket and other garments all disappeared after the buyout. Unfortunately I don't think RAB has too many things that are equivalent and they don't seem to have simply re-branded the ID stuff.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

the tents are identical. the old MX series had the vent holes in the top now they dont and are the sam in pretty much every way. the bivis changes to look the same. they got rid of the event clothing because it wasn't "sales floor flashy" and unisex sizing.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

The company that owns Rab (Equipment Outdoor Technologies) bought Integral Designs as well as Lowe Alpine.

David Ure

@familyguy

"the tents are identical"

I am seeing some models that are not on the RAB site, or am I missing something? Maybe they will show up later.

ID was bought to permit some brand value in the North American market. I hope it works out for them.

VigilGuy indicated over at Trailspace that the new tents are severely lacking quality since Rab took over. One opinion but he does sell them.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Huh? The lightest bivy I see is 18.5 oz (and ID states it's the lightest in their product line). Can you link directly to the model you reference?

And I agree with David, every Rab garment I've held (and the multitude of reviews online) have shown they are nothing but a quality producer of clothing and gear. They may not be cutting edge in all fronts, but they are top tier generally.

Ryan W

@mwilks

Yeah their website is a bit wonky, it took me a while to find it.

Makeshift SL Bivy

http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=894&CFID=5181893&CFTOKEN=51327725

(sorry don't know how to do hot links on here)

I wish they had better pictures of it. Also not sure if the floor is the same material as the top?

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

>>Integral Designs owns a bunch of contracts for EMS gear, search and rescue and RCMP in Canada

The announcements of the acquisition indicates that this portion of Integral Designs remains as an independant company owned by Evan Jones and other former ID employees, and called Integral Tactical…

David Ure

@familyguy

This is true, John.

http://www.integraltactical.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools