Topic

Members missing out due to forum policies

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Members missing out due to forum policies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

Just wanted to let you guys know that Members of this site seem to be missing out on deals with the existing Gear Swap policy.

I've just scored some killer deals on Craiglist locally and when I've met the person to pick the stuff up and started talking to him – he said that he visited BPL, but couldn't sell here since he is not a "member" and didn't want to bother with paying membership to have to deal with remote sale and driving to the post office to drop off the package.

On the other hand the non-members still get the chance to buy from members here. Just seems like the members actually getting the short end of the stick here.

Not sure why I care since I mostly buy stuff, but seemed like a good topic for discussion.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

This already has been hashed out in some pretty potent threads. Basically, we all have our opinions on it, but since BPL sets their own policies it is what it is.

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

What is going on with all the forum police?

I'll throw something out there…I actually have stuff to sell but I won't pay the money for a membership just to do so. Please BPL Staff, that is no disrespect towards you. So far, for the short time I have been on this site, I have not found an article that interests me enough to pay for a membership to read it. So, with regards to that, I don't see why I would pay the money just to post in the Gear Swap forum. If BPL made the Gear Swap forum for member's only (as in to see, post, whatever), fine by me. I still would not pay to use it.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I'm not any sort of forum police. Just stating the fact that this issue has gone through its paces already.

As far as articles go, they keep the juicy stuff under lock and key. :)

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

for the $25 a year I spend on a membership I make on gear sales probably an extra 10-15%. no haggling no people showing up at my house with "only $160 not the asking $200" and no "Can you meet me at my house or halfway" and the ever classic "Can you make change?"
    It's cheaper than ebay and its keeping helping and maintaining and international community.

And we don't miss out. non members not selling means less supply more demand.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Paul:

Maybe you missed this article? Yes, plenty of fools here willing to pay top dollars for second-hand toys. So quit your Bitching, sign and pay up, and start selling! :)

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

Hahaha. Ben you're a funny guy. Is this because I mentioned the words "Ti" and "cuben"? Tiiiiiiii, cuuuuuuubbbbeeeeeeen.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Edit:
    The post below is exactly what I would expect to hear from someone who was never a part of the community here. Only posting in Gear Deals and Gearswap. Boo Fricking Hoo.

Jeffrey Dunham

@jdunham4

I posted the 25 for the bpl police. Wish I didn't and I will not again. It would make sense if you take advantage of your pro deals and sell tons of brand new with tags high priced shells….like someone else in this string.
    So if you are here to make money of the community pay the 25. If you are trying to pass on older seldom used gear in hopes to find someone who will appreciate it at a discounted price….go to mountain project. It is free.
    That said I will try to gouge a few people with some brand new jackets next fall to get my 25 back from this cute little website.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools