Topic

Funny Thru Hiking Picture

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Funny Thru Hiking Picture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

A friend just posted this on facebook. Pretty funny summary.

Thru

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Pretty funny however it does highlight the importance of a generously sized vestibule.
    Franco

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

That is Hilarious! so true

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Very nice summary.

Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

that's wonderful man!

Richard Cullip
    BPL Member

@richardcullip

Locale: San Diego County

Nice summary. I've got a co-worker who totally relates to the upper left picture. He thinks I'm going to be eaten by a bear anytime I head out to hike in the Southern Sierra.

Brian Lewis

@brianle

Locale: Pacific NW

The one with the huge pack is actually how thru-hikers see section and weekend hikers, FWIW … :-)

Still, fun stuff. For some reason there seems like a flurry of various of these "how different people see this activity" things showing up. The one I liked best had the same picture for all of the various "who sees me that way" images — it was of a fellow drinking beer (to include the inevitable last frame "what I actually do").

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

Yeah, after posting that pic, I noticed a flurry of them as well. Still not sure what the source of all them is though.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Great post! An interesting book about deaths in Yosemite "Off the Wall: Death in Yosemite" has tabulated the different hazards in the park (real and rare). Bears are WAY down the list. Number one source of death in the valley is car accidents (or humans, if you want to characterize it that way).

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

That picture is so true. People really did think those things about me.

Question – How many people carry a SPOT or similar device just to make their mom, wife or girlfriend happy? I know I do.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hilarious!! Switch out the bear and tent for terrorists and cheap hostel… and those pics could describe RTW backpacking as well…

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

With apologies to Chris… your post inspired me to put something similar together for world traveling. Hope you won't mind…

World Traveling

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools