Topic

John Muir in Late April

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

When I was a kid we did at least one trip in the Sierras in April. It wasn't the JMT, though, so probably not worth traveling all the way from back east for. I believe we hiked out from Courtright Reservoir. We got lost in the snow. Who knows where we ended up. I was a kid then and we had a lot of fun playing in the snow, sliding down on a cookie sheet. Why my mom brought a cookie sheet, I'll never know. For the rest of my childhood, pizza was served on a dented cookie sheet.

Bob Shaver
    BPL Member

@rshaver

Locale: West

We started our JMT hike N to S in mid June (the 19th), and we were on snow till 1000 Island lake, where the ground was about 50% covered with snow. April / May would be fine, on skiis. Our trip report is on trailjournals (JMT 1971)

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=10178

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools