Topic

50% off Neoair’s + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 50% off Neoair’s + free shipping (old style.. not xlite)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

Backwoods.com

http://www.backwoods.com/therm-a-rest-neoair-mattress.html

UPDATE: Looks like they're going quick. REG size sold out

UPDATE 2: REG and MED now sold out

UPDATE 3: FEB 4: LRG REG MED now sold out. Beware some people said that backwoods oversold and had to cancel their order. good luck

UPDATE 4: LOOKS LIKE ALL SIZES OF NEOAIRS ARE SOLD OUT

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

ouch. that hurts. but not as much as sleeping on a rock. deal of the year. only got mine at 20% off and love it.

E H
    Spectator

@hengman

Locale: Central Florida

They also have stuff sacks for the Neoair, prolite, and prolite plus on sale for 3.74 with free shipping.

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Neoair "regular" vs the Neoair "medium"? I am just shy of six feet tall so I would assume that a regular would be my size, but I don't know how the regular compares to the medium (the regular on Backwoods is $5 more)…

Thanks!

Zach Bradford

@spiranthes

Locale: WV

Arrrrgh

I just purchased mine for $85 a few days ago. Oh well, picked up one of those cheap stuff sacks. Thanks for the heads up!

John Myers
    BPL Member

@dallas

Locale: North Texas

"Can anyone tell me the difference between the Neoair "regular" vs the Neoair "medium""

Medium is 20" x 66" @ 13 oz

Regular is 20" x 72" @ 14 oz

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

I'm just shy of 6' too, and I use a medium. My feet hang off the edge at the ankles, but I actually find that more comfortable than the 72" version.

Also, both mine and my wife's came in at 12.1 oz each.

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

Thanks for the info John… I ended up going with the large for the extra width. Great deal!!!

Rob E
    Spectator

@eatsleepfish

Locale: Canada

I almost bought one of these, but I would have to ship it to Canada. I checked, they ship with FedEx. So the cost would be $65 + shipping costs + FedEx brokerage fee (an unknown amount) + $8.50 Canada Customs surcharge, + 13% HST tax + currency conversion + currency conversion fee of the credit card payment (usually 2.5%). So, I passed. You people in the US have it so easy for getting cheap gear.

Bobby Lee

@rblee

Don't forget to click through Mr Rebates to get an extra 6% off

6% rebate off Backwoods.com at Mr Rebates

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

"I just purchased mine for $85 a few days ago. Oh well, picked up one of those cheap stuff sacks. Thanks for the heads up!"

sure. If its only a few days old you could prob still return it right?

david
    Spectator

@davidvcd

Looks like you have to call in for the Regular to check stock instore.

Richard Malpass
    Spectator

@earthling4469a

Locale: Australia, Planet Earth,

Backwoods is one of the very few companies that will not accept a Non-USA credit card….woe is me……

Mark Rash
    Spectator

@markrvp

Thanks for posting this. I REALLY hope these closeouts mean that the Xtherm is going to be here soon.

Allen Farris
    BPL Member

@allenbfarris

Locale: Texas

I picked up the last Regular sized at my local store, they only had 1 medium left as well.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Thanks for posting this. I tried to order a neoair and Z-rest each at half off, shipped to my father's in California, but it wouldn't acccept the order because my billing address in Alaska "was in a different country". In a manner of speaking, I suppose it is. Sigh.

For mail order, we have it as bad as the Canadians, (but without the free health care).

Christian Denniston
    BPL Member

@davidulhike

It appears that Backwoods now has all the sizes of Neoair available again. They also have the Nano Puff Pullover for 75.00 in all sizes which seems like a good deal.

Karple T
    BPL Member

@ctracyverizon

Locale: Mid-Alantic

NM

Sarah Kuhn
    BPL Member

@sckuhn

Locale: Mountainous Ohio

I had some issues with placing my order….. error, 'unable to determine shipping cost for item'…. recalculated shopping cart a few times and finally went through, also got the coupon for footwear to work so new $150 Vasque Briza's for my daughter for $60!!! SCORE!!!
    David you might try placing your order again or try giving them a call since they are actually a brick and mortor as well.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I had the same trouble as Sarah, but ran out of time this morning before I could figure it out, had to get to work. Maybe they will have more tomorrow. This sucks, I have wanted a Large Neoair for a while, and what a super deal. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Matt Orr
    BPL Member

@matto

Reg. out of stock again … :(

John Myers
    BPL Member

@dallas

Interesting that Cascade Designs website only has NeoAir XLite's listed now.

The old style NeoAir is not even shown anymore. Does that mean they are not making that style anymore?

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Anyone get shipping confirmation yet ?

I order a large and a reg. about 10 minutes after the OP posted the deal. Got confirmation of the order but no shipping confirmation yet.

Apparently how Backwoods work is that when they get an order they assign it to one of their stores to process (they have no central warehouse). Now if the store that they sent your order to happens to be out of stock on any part of the order they kick the order back to head office (but not necessarily right away though). Any orders that came in AFTER your order but happened to get assigned to a different store that had actually had stock COULD be fulfilled before yours.

Long story short : people who ordered neoairs on day two of the deal could actually end up getting theirs but those who ordered on day one (like me) but had their orders returned to head office because of lack of stock at a particular store, could be out of luck . . .

Zach Baker

@zwb0002

Locale: the plains

I ordered a small neoair on Wednesday. They sent me a shipping confirmation yesterday, and the package should arrive tomorrow.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

1st gen. NeoAirs are discontinued. Big mistake in my book. No rectangular pads other than the Trekker and All Season. -1 on tapered pads.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools