Topic

2012 PCT list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists 2012 PCT list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Monty Tam

@montytam

Locale: Next to the PCT

My current preferred baseweight for thru hiking the PCT is more like 8-12 pounds. My gearlist in in the http://www.pcthandbook.com . I find this the most comfortable overall for me to the point of luxury.
    I have been using the Mariposa and always WITH THE NIGHTLITE TORSO PAD INSIDE, with or without a bear cannister.
    I will never thru hike the PCT again averaging sub 5. This was a fun, egocentric circus act.
    All but Washington was under 5 lbs, and I am still greatful I wisely hit 6 for the rain, snow and cold of Washington.
    For the bear cannister question, I do not recommend doing the Sierra without one.
    I did safely and mostly legally. See http://www.onthetrail.com for where to legally camp without a cannister.
    -Warner Springs Monty Tam
    The Fun Goes Up When The Weight Goes Down ©montytam

clint gorbett

@clintg

We are having trouble deciding on Nobo or Sobo, I have read a lot of good things regarding SOBO when your start date cant be in may, ours would be June 15, additionally we hit Oregon Early which I have done nearly all of the PCT in Oregon and I live in Ashland so much of this area is my backyard. I think we would have to have <10 baseweight's just to get the Sierra's quick enough haha.

tom lakner
    BPL Member

@lakneremu

Locale: midwest

Hi, I carried a max weight of 28 lbs+- on the jmt comfortably using a bearicade exp.,which I carried inside the pack.I had room to spare on the outside of the pack.
    Enjoy

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools