Topic

Jetboil Sol Ti cheap $119.99 before coupon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Jetboil Sol Ti cheap $119.99 before coupon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Crow

@crowmag

Locale: Arizona

Hi,
    First post. I've been lurking for awhile silently learning but figured I would share this deal if anyone's interested. O2gearshop.com JetBoil Sol Ti sale $119.99 free shipping use coupon code O2ups15 for an extra 15% off. Those are all Ohs in the code and web site not zeros. Hope it works for ya.

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

While I am still waiting for the opportunity to pick up a Backcountry Boiler, for my trips out to Death Valley the JetBoil Sol Ti was still high on my wish list. And for $101.96? Yes, please! Thanks for the tip and the promo coupon (worked like a charm)… Feel free to stop by anytime!

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Thanks for the tip. Been trying to get one of these. Looks like I missed the opportunity here as its showing as out of stock when I try to order

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

Worked for me. $101.00. Thanks, man, and welcome. –M

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Crap! I paid $89 for an Aluminum version on Ebay 'cause I wasn't willing to spend $50 to save two ounces. I would have certainly paid $11 more though.

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Well after seeing someone after me had some success I gave it another shot….and it worked. Looks like its not in stock but due to ship in about a week or so

Thanks for the heads up on a great deal

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

I had this in my cart last night, 5-7 days til shipping, decided to sleep on it.
    Now it won't let me buy it, out-of-stock.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Through yesterday and today I kept reloading, showed out-of-stock and was removed from their stoves menu. Tried just now and it showed back in stock. Ordered. Anyone who wants this at this price just keep reloading every few hours.

If it disappears off the main menu here's direct link

http://www.o2gearshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=32666

1 x JetBoil Sol Titanium Personal Cooking System – Sand – S11 (SOL-TIS11) = $101.96
    Size One Size
    Ships After 5-7 Business Days
    Not Guaranteed for Holiday Delivery

Sub-Total: $119.95
    Discount Coupon O2UPS15 applied: -$17.99
    Free Shipping (For orders of $49 or more (UPS economy)): $0.00
    Total: $101.96

diego dean
    BPL Member

@cfionthefly

I just did it and it worked. Very glad as I thought I had missed out. Says 5-7 days to ship from them, and then who knows how long to get to my house… We shall see.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Ouch, that was fast. Had one in my cart but it sold out before I could finish checkout. Guess I'll have to keep checking back…

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

I think between lurkers here and non-BPL's they're selling from their supplier fast. Other dealers doing the same $120 are sold out. Keep trying. I don't know when the 15% discount ends, might be end-of-month tomorrow?

I have a text file with all my CC details which the browser won't save. I can paste and order quicker.

This is like ebay bid wars, who's fastest on the keyboard and a whole lot of luck.

I don'tt need mine til April so 7 days + shipping is fine for me.

Hey if you turn this burner down there are 4g/500ml benchmarks in around-freezing temps so that's 20L/250g canister of boiling water with about 3mins/500ml boil times. Or just go for 2mins boil times and its about 12L.

Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Finally got one. Immediately after my order I re-checked stock and the Sol Ti was shown as OOS again. My recommendation for others interested is to keep trying as I did – it looks like they restock relatively frequently but with very low quantities per restock (possibly one at a time). Coupon code still works btw.

Also, I blame BPL's glowing review for this purchase.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

I hope this isn't returned to factory don't work Sol Ti heading back out with the igniters bent back :^)

I'm a 30yr Alcohol stove user and this my first canister stove. I'm eager to know if criticisms of unreliability are correct. Still, a light possibly-functional canister system will arrive in about 2 weeks.

Hey, I wonder if a small esbit stove will fit inside if the whole thing reverts to basically a 0.8L mug :)

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Hey Nigel,

Just read your post, and while I hope the steep discount on 02gearshop isn't the result of a defective batch, do you happen to have a link to the reviews where users found the Sol Ti unreliable (igniters bent back)?

Thanks!

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I'm pretty sure Nigel was just making light of the situation, and not describing an actual occurrence. That said, piezo igniters on all canister stoves suck. Ask anyone who's tried to use one at elevation or in extreme cold. Not a defect in the jetboil in anyway, but rather, just the nature of the igniter.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

So there was a review of an issue with the starter

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Stoves/Jetboil%20Sol%20Ti%20Advanced%20Cooking%20System/Test%20Report%20by%20Brett%20Haydin/

The relevant wording quoting from Brett Haydin:

"The piezoelectric starter was a little problematic early on for me. I found it extremely difficult to rely on it to start my stove; at times it took a dozen tries before I could get an ignition. It was on my last trip that I finally managed to get it down. I happened to talk to a Jetboil staff member and described my challenges. He explained to me that there is a "perfect orientation" of the wiring that ensures near perfect reliability. First, the wire should be pointed towards the center. Second, he told me I could bend the wire up or down to find a reliable distance; he assured me it shouldn't break if I am careful. In any case, there is extra wire I can pull through if it does. When I went back into camp, I inspected my wire and sure enough, it was skewed to one side. Once I pointed it dead center, it has been a one-click-start every time! "

I'm willing to give a shot, I just parted with $101 hopefully for something more reliable than a 0.8L Ti pot on an ornament calling itself a stove. :)

I'm also thinking now about a Caldera Cone system as a fallback to put around the Jetboil Sol Ti pot in event I suffer canister/stove type issues. I can see it my mind's eye and I'm sure its already thought of and someone already tried it, I just not looked around yet. But, a cone which not going up the full height of the Jetboil pot, so will need some pegs to hold it, will make a cone short enough to fit inside the pot or at least wrap around it, say inside the sleeve? and a Gramcracker and say 2 Esbit cubes will fit inside if you're not carrying the pot stand???

"Jetboil contains a cone 2-meal backup" ? Useful in event of mechnical damage, in case you misjudge cannister capacity, add say 50g-70g type weight?

I should start a thread on that exactly that topic really.

Rob E
    Spectator

@eatsleepfish

Locale: Canada

You should be carrying a lighter (or other incendiary) as a backup for this stove anyway. The original PCS I have has a pouch on the side of the neoprene cozy to hold a lighter that I keep a mini bic in when I am using it on multi-day journeys.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

I've seen a lot of flint+steel on Alcohol stoves, is that a good idea as backup for the Jetboil? I was thinking NOT as you're basically moving tough stuff near a relatively flimsy stove, whilst with Alcohol stoves you're doing at something much more robust.

Yes, a small backup Bic type lighter would be prudent. Risk of it igniting accidently inside the pot though? I've don't know much about lighters

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Yes, a small backup Bic type lighter would be prudent. Risk of it igniting accidently inside the pot though? I've don't know much about lighters"

A mini-Bic lighter is about as foolproof as you can get, and I can't imagine how it would ignite inside a pot (while being carried?). Even if the butane runs out, you still have the sparker wheel on it, and that is sufficient to start most fires.

–B.G.–

Rob E
    Spectator

@eatsleepfish

Locale: Canada

I'd prefer a bic lighter to a flint + steel: you can operate the lighter with one hand, while using your other hand to turn the gas on the jet boil. If you use the flight and steel with two hands, you have to turn the gas on, then strike the flint, and if it doesn't catch the first time, you are wasting fuel and are going to have poof of fuel combust in your face when it does catch. You also run the risk of knocking the jet boil over with the flint + steel, and you are putting your hands pretty close to the "business end" of the jet boil.

I have tried magnesium and flight and steel fire starters before, but I am just not a fan, and stick to bic lighters.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Failure of the igniter does not put the stove into doorstop mode. If the stove were to completely fail (or you run out of fuel), the pot (without cozy) can be used over a wood fire. Three rocks as pot support and you're good to go. Petrol, Kerosene, or alcohol stoves do have the advantage that if the stove fails the fuel still makes a good fire starter for wet wood. Canister fuel not so much.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

I was reading up on the Trail Designs Tri-Ti. Apparently a wood stove will melt Alu but not steel or Ti so a fallback with the Sol Ti is it can withstand the sort of temperatures you can make with a wood stove. I know… the furnace mode of the Tri-Ti will be difficult to make DIY under a Sol Ti pot.

Another reason to get the Sol Ti vs the Sol, inherent capability to recover from brick mode.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Its back in stock NOW (5-7 days til shipping)

http://www.o2gearshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=32666

I've ordered mine so this is for any that missed it

Allen Farris
    BPL Member

@allenbfarris

Locale: Texas

Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation for this deal yet? When I ordered it said 5-7 days to ship and it has been ~11 days now. I was curious if they are actually shipping this deal or if I should count on my order being canceled.

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

I haven't received any notice from o2gearshop that they've shipped the Sol Ti I ordered… Looks like we might be out of luck.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools