Topic

10 LB Backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web 10 LB Backpack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

This is disturbing. This web site is supposed to have good advice about what gear to buy for camping and backpacking. Then they list three butane stoves as using propane. It's just silly.

http://www.tenpoundbackpack.com/2162/camping-stoves-propane/#more-2162

–B.G.–

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Bob,

Did you look at their list of backpacks? They list 288 packs and you can sort them by weight or volume. Don't know if the specs are accurate, but it is a pretty cool database.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I was thinking good thoughts until I saw the butane/propane error. Then I gave up.

–B.G.–

Eric Braun

@dukedante

Kind of odd- comparing the OHM and Mariposa, they list the Mariposa as a 46L, but the OHM as 57L. That's the main pack volume for the Mariposa, without including any pockets, but I don't know where the OHM volume came from- its 34L main pocket volume and 65L with all pockets. What's the standard here, are we using main pocket or all pockets?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

It's a mess. Too bad somebody went through a lot of work to get where it is at. But it is not there yet.

Chris C
    BPL Member

@cvcass

Locale: State of Jefferson

There are some things that need to be fixed on that site, but it could be a great tool if it gets sorted out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools