Topic

How often backpacking?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts How often backpacking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 51 post (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Brian Reyman
    BPL Member

@breyman

Locale: Rocky Mountains

That is a great story. Talk about being able to let go of the reins. I feel that I've gone a long way in letting the scouts I work with make mistakes, but I'm not sure I would have let that one get that far off track. Good for you. I'll remember this story in the future and hopefully have the courage to let them make that kind of (safe, but not very common) mistake!

>> The best part of the trip was getting lost..at the very beginning. Instead of starting off the hike headed north, they started off headed south…they did not finally realize their mistake until 6 miles in. Us adults told them they our job is to make sure they do not get hurt and fix them up if they do (Wilderness First Aid training)….The leader had a map, compass, and trail description..so we ate lunch and hiked back out the same way, instead of making a loop on the trails…so it was a good learning experience for the boys…

Viewing 51 post (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools