Topic

e-OMC is running a sale on WM!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals e-OMC is running a sale on WM!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    James Locke
    BPL Member

@duckypaddler

Locale: East Tennessee Valley

I tried to use coupon code,but it just gave me 10% club membership, even though it said it would give you larger discount.

Any help?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

I really wish WM made hammock gear

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

The e-mail I received said the 25% discount was " an exclusive discount for our subscribed customers only", so It sounds like the 25% will only work if you open an account or subscribe to their e-mails (or possibly had done so previous to the discount being offered ?).

Oh and there were no exclusions mentioned in the e-mail so It should work on WM or any other manufacturer that they carry.

Russ Porter

@russp17

Locale: Anchorage

I think you had to suscribe earlier. I tried and only could get 10% off. I was going to buy a western mountaineering bag if I got 25% off.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Try calling them and plead your case. I did that last summer when I signed up for REI Gear mail, got a discount on a discontinued item, wasn't much. :) Made me happy and I had the other item I needed to complete my kit.
    Duane

Jesse D.
    BPL Member

@upcountry

Locale: Lassen Co.

I too tried to no avail. I have purchased multiple times from them, and have an account, but couldn't get the coupon code mentioned to work either… Probably a good thing, as spending another $200-$300 this month on gear could be a little excessive… haha

John Arwood
    Spectator

@johnlarwood

Locale: Mountians of East Tennessee

I have an old account with e-OMC, but just turned the "general newsletter" subscription back on today. I recieved an email, with the coupon for "25% Off all regularly priced items through December 21st", a few hours later. I tried several times, in vain, to place an order for a WM Badger MF, using my "25% Off" coupon. The "10% Club Discount" was the best I could do. I called the store & was told to place the order, with an explanation of the problem in the comment box. I did this. Hopefully it will all work out!

John Arwood
    Spectator

@johnlarwood

Locale: Mountians of East Tennessee

I just recieved an email from e-OMC.
    They cannot/will not offer a 25% discount on Western Mountaineering items.
    A very close re-reading of the 25% off coupon says "ALL Full Priced Items" except "gift cards & shop work".
    Perhaps 25% off Westertn Mountaineering products would allow e-OMC little or no profit? I would not want to hurt their business. Perhaps Western Mountaineering themselves will not allow such a large discount? I do not know. But $111.24 off of a brand new WM Badger 6ft with left zip, would have made it affordable (almost) for me. I will have to cancel my order.
    Oh well. Maybe Santa reads these forums!

Nathaniel McCartney
    BPL Member

@theleafman

Locale: Central PA

My WM bag shipped at the 25% off discount, but I ordered shortly after they posted the code. Not making an exception for WM was probably an oversight that was fixed after they were flooded with WM orders. I've heard the profit margin for WM products is pretty slim for the retailers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools