Topic

Anyone seen these guys?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Anyone seen these guys?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jacob thompson
    Spectator

@nihilist37

http://www.lightisright.com/LIRshelter.htm#
    i just found this site and havent heard anything about it. Im guessing that theyre just doing some refurbishing as a lot of the links dont work.

some shelters there look quite light for a seemingly mainstream product. i especially like the jacket that converts to a bivy, very ingenious, and for 8oz. you could save yourself nearly a full pound there, if you dont already have light weight bivy and rain gear.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hi Jacob-

Actually, Light is Right has been advertised in Backpacker and has had a site in various stages of constuction for quite some time now (over a year). However, I don’t think they’ve actually sold anything yet. Interesting concepts though. From time to time I send them an e-mail request and when they come to market, we hope to get a review posted ASAP.

Keep looking- there is some great stuff out there!

Doug Johnson, Shelter Systems Editor

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

They are based in Guthrie, Oklahoma, not too far from me. I made an appointment and visited them last year. They have prototypes for lots of different stuff.

They had sold tents when I saw them last year. They weigh each tent they sell and print the weight on the label of the box the tent is sold in, so there is no misrepresentation of the weight (a pet peeve the owner has about other mfrs. is overly optimistic weights).

Their gear is top notch from what I have seen, and would be worth a review by BPL.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools