Topic

We now have a sticker!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info We now have a sticker!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Or as Ryan put it, "a neat sticker."

Proclaim your SULove on your car, laptop, or other hard surface. It probably won't stick to silnylon, Cuben Fiber, or merino. Or at least it won't stick WELL.

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

I like it!

I also appreciate that I'll be able to cut off the slogan with my paper cutter and have something that still looks really sharp! ; )

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Addie,
    what about my auto-mobile? Thanks!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Just ordered four of those BPL stickers –Cool stuff!!

I am proud to show my off my colors and passion.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

Locale: Midwest

See you took my suggestion (or were already working on it 5 days ago). Can you open it up so we can get the design on other items, too (like T-shirts!)?

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Nice. Works for the blog and BPL, dual use.

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

I'm working on it, but Ryan wants, you know, superfine merino and maybe bamboo-fiber fabrics. Or Cuben. Or silnylon. Or at least embroidery on 100% cotton.

Apparently CafePress can't be THAT amazing. We have to take what we can get (which is why the sticker isn't a pretty, simple, 3" round – unless folks wanted to buy 10 of those at a time?). Poke around the CafePress site and see what tickles your fancy. I'm keen on a laptop skin, myself.

I'll start following this thread and keep tabs on what's been requested. So long as it's not inordinately heavy, we may start adding more odds and ends (James, you can have your automobile once I get mine!) with different variations on the logo, etc. Or maybe I'll start bringing a tape recorder to meetings with Ryan and start putting his (out of context) quotes on t-shirts and mugs.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

LOL, yeah, I doubt you'll find merino or bamboo shirts. Zazzle does have a "4.4 oz micro-fiber fabric" one but not sure how many would be willing to pay $31 for such a BPL t-shirt. Zazzle also has 3" round stickers (6 for $5) though I doubt they are the tougher vinyl ones. I've only bought the bumper stickers and inexpensive cotton shirts from each place.

Another thought would be photon LED lights with BPL logo, but you'd have to stock those AFAIK.

I can't afford to buy anything anyway right now so I'll just be quiet.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I'd like a sticker that matches the design on the header bar. I know picky, picky.

T shirts too…

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

LOL, Good one. No, I was asking if the BPL sticker would hold up to being used on the back of MY car…not yours…hmmphhh automobile, I mean…car that is.

Never mind, I am ordering one…I had a vinyl Loon sticker that shifted a bit and wrinkled over the past few years.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Any way I can get a discount on a bulk order of 100? Would like to pass these out at the GGG in Feb. PM me.

Michael Ray
    BPL Member

@topshot

James,
    I'm not sure how well this one will hold up on a car. It's not listed as being specifically UV and water resistant like the bumper stickers are. I've had one of the latter on my car that has held up pretty well for 6 years aside from colors fading.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

I am working with Ryan to have a nice Vinyl, UV-resistant diecut sticker made. They should be available within a couple weeks.

If you are interested in a large quantity, let me know – [email protected]

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

Cool!

If I put the sticker on my pack will it make it lighter and me hike faster?

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

I don't think these will be the uber-long lasting type of stickers. They're not paper, but they're not bumper stickers (though I've pinged Ryan about the bumper kind). Also not sure about bulk orders, but I can certainly look into it.

Chad: we thought about offering a patch but realized that true ULers would sew it on just so they could cut it off and boast about the grams they trimmed. :)

It's definitely tricky, offering BPL merch while promoting a "less is more" approach to life. Tattoos would be lighter, but talk about being branded for life!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Product Information
    Our stickers are printed on 4mil vinyl using water and UV resistant inks – meaning no fading in the sun or bleeding in the rain.
    Measures 3" x 5"
    Printed on durable 4mil vinyl

bpl

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

Michael Ray wrote:

"LOL, yeah, I doubt you'll find merino or bamboo shirts. Zazzle does have a "4.4 oz micro-fiber fabric" one but not sure how many would be willing to pay $31 for such a BPL t-shirt."

How about $34.99 for a fitted BPL t-shirt made of organic cotton then? :/

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Not specifically directed to BPL, but just to UL in general… Sticker should read "Pay More, Pack Less". :)

Addison Page

@nihilist_voyager

Locale: Down the Rabbit Hole!

While I still might buy the cotton shirt for everyday use, and merino shirt with the BPL feather/mountain that I could take to the mountains would be awesome!

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

My vinyl transfer sticker just arrived and I am like totally, you know, blown away by the like amazing 5-color process!

BPL Spam Sticker

Like, totally.

GD
    BPL Member

@nsiderbam

I too would love a merino BPL shirt — unfortunately, I didn't find this place until the whole BPL product line disappeared, but I'd love to see it come back. Picked up a sticker for now, though.

Slaton Whatley

@alpinistooutdoors

Locale: Catalinas, Saguaro, Grand Canyon

Excited for this little guy to show up in the mail so I can start reppin' some BPL en el Barrio Viejo (Tucson)!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools