Topic

Blog @ BPL

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

With all due respect, what is missing from here is content.
    At the end of the day, you can reformat all you want, but without content, people won't stay.
    I have been a member before, would join again, but think, why pay to read a free forum? Answer, actually I come here less and less in a personal drive to restrict my daily screentime, and because there is next to no new content refresh.
    Would I pay to read a blog, i don't now, so why should BPLblog be the first?
    Trying to be constructive here, not critical.
    Cheers, fred.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

John you are correct. Blogs are the biggest threat to BPLs sustainability. So many good, free ones out there. Content here has certainly slowed down over the past few years, but who's writing anymore for BPL? No employees to write content. Ryan's writings goes on his own blog. Seen articles there that definitely belonged here. Like the Skurka interview. Not even a mention over here about it at all.

Troubled times.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

lame.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

A lot of good content is out there scattered on different blogs. I'm very glad they are there because I enjoy reading them but that is a challenge for BPL because its competing for readers (and blogs are free).
    Perhaps BPL could link to some of the better blog postings on a weekly basis, sort of like Hiking In Finland? I go to that website as much for the links as for the articles.

Danny Milks
    BPL Member

@dannymilks

Locale: SF Bay Area

I was just curious if anything was up at packlessbemore.com and found “Website expired.”

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools