Topic

Southwest NPs in late October

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Southwest NPs in late October

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Briggs

@dbriggs9

Locale: Southeast

Had the chance to travel around the Southwest during the last week of October. Flew into Phoenix, drove up to the Grand Canyon where I did a 8 mile dayhike into the Canyon a bit. From there I went up to Zion NP, I have pictures from my overnight top-down hike of The Narrows, a ~15 mile hike through a river. After Zion I made my way to Bryce Canyon NP and did a little dayhike. From Zion I went to Canyonlands and did an overnight in the Needles District.

Grand Canyon NP

The Narrows

The Narrows

Bryce Canyon NP

The Needles

The Needles

Here's a lot more of the pictures…
    https://picasaweb.google.com/115873210078729303713/SW

Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

How were the temperatures?

Dan Briggs

@dbriggs9

Dean, the temps were great. Grand Canyon was 65H/30L on the South Rim, Zion was probably around 70H/30L in most of the park, but the high temp was around 60 in the narrows and the water temp of the river was around 46 degrees. Bryce was a little cooler as a cold front hit the area, lows in the 20s and they were expecting snow the day after I left. Canyonlands was also a little cooler, highs in the 50s with rain (just a slight drizzle) until 5pm on the first day of my hike there. The low for Canyonlands on my overnight was 24 degrees. The next day was perfect, not a cloud in sight and a highs in the mid to high 50s. Sadly my camera's battery didn't survive the cold night and almost all of my Canyonlands pictures are kinda dreary, still had a great time, however.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I couldn't get the link to work.

Dan Briggs

@dbriggs9

Hey sorry, forgot to set that link to public, rather than private.

It should work for you all now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools