Topic

Moontrail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Moontrail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nick Garcia
    BPL Member

@saltamontes

Locale: South Florida

I have been looking to buy a new FF sleeping bag and just found one on sale at http://www.moontrail.com, I did not know that FF sold outside of their own store, I did a quick search and moontrail has some good review, anything i should look for? thanks

Kristin Fiebelkorn
    BPL Member

@kushbaby

Locale: South Texas

Well, they are actually based out of San Antonio, so I haven't mail ordered anything from them, but I've bought a number of things in person at the store itself. They are insanely helpful, wonderful people, at least in my experience.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Bought my last WM bag from them. The bonus points are a nice touch too. No hassle experience everytime. Have bought online from them several times over the years.

Shop away!

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

+1 for Moontrail

Steve Clark
    BPL Member

@petuni

Locale: Quispamsis

Ordered from Moontrail a few times, no problems at all. Will order again!

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

I buy my Smartwool items from them, because they offer discounts if you buy more than one of the same item. Trasactions have always been smooth. Just wish they would ship for free over $50 like everyone else.

Nick Garcia
    BPL Member

@saltamontes

Locale: South Florida

Called up Moontrail yesterday and purchased the FF Osprey 30 current season for $296, No Shipping, No Sales Tax, so approx. 10% discount from the retail price and no shipping or sales tax, sold my old MH bag on ebay for $120 bucks, so pretty good deal at the end..pretty good customer service, they even called back to confirm the order, should get it next week can't wait

William Brown
    Spectator

@matthewbrown

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns

Nice negotiations Nick.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Moontrail is a good outfit Ive bought from before.

Best thing is the clean, uncluttered, organized website that has all the pertinent info on an item , including weight and pictures.

"bonus points" and free shipping allow them to basically give you a sale price, on things the mfg prevents having "sales" on that arent mfg sponsored.

I gotten bonus pts stuff worth about 25% of the purchase price of things before, + free shipping. It can add up to a fairly substantial discount when you really think about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools