Topic

ULA Ohm 2.0 Pictures

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Ohm 2.0 Pictures

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I replaced the "standard" ULA pad w/ an identical cut section of a ridgerest, I found it to be stiffer (and more comfy) than the "standard" pad and just a fraction heavier- it also makes for a nice sit/kneel pad

Photobucket

Anonymous
    Inactive

" replaced the "standard" ULA pad w/ an identical cut section of a ridgerest,"

Now that is a stroke of genius. I'm all over that one, Mike!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

"replaced the "standard" ULA pad w/ an identical cut section of a ridgerest, I found it to be stiffer (and more comfy) than the "standard" pad and just a fraction heavier- it also makes for a nice sit/kneel pad"
    +1, no regrets.

David Ure

@familyguy

Video of the new 2.0 Ohm here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhWer3TGHZk&feature=youtu.be

Damn thing looks very comfy!

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I can see my wife being interested in this pack, she prefers a more substantial belt- also the ability to adjust torso length would be a plus for her as well

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

David is correct, the hipbelt doesn't need to be "attatched" to the frame stays as long as the hipbelt is well attatched to the pack and is stiff enough to do its job without collapsing or folding.

As an example: I put pre-curved, flat aluminum stays in my 3,000 cu. in. Camelbak ski pack, attatched it with bolts thru holes melted through the fabric and the flimsy framesheet.

Then I cut off the unpadded fabric belt and replaced it with a padded REI Ridgeline hipbelt slid behind the pack's lumbar pad. Weight is now transferred very well to the hipbelt. The tight fit (& bar tacking reinforcement) of the lumbar pad and hipbelt handle the weight transfer.

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

I bought a Circuit early in the year and had a hard time choosing between the Circuit and the Ohm. Had them both at my house and went back and forth for days. Liked the Ohm "bag" better but preferred the Circuit's hipbelt. I don't know if the Ohm's hipbelt fits other women but it wasn't comfortable on me.

So, for me, the Ohm 2.0 would have been the PERFECT solution.

chris mcMaster

@ulachris

The back panel is 210 ripstop,it is to save weight in an area where we never (well, almost never) see damage. The frame is now installed just like the Circuit's inside a sleeve, and the hipbelt stabillzing straps connect directly to the sleeve so there is maximum transfer. There for sure was more direct transfer with the original system, but our testing and feedback we've had is showing that the large belt more than makes up for it.

kevperro .
    BPL Member

@kevperro

Locale: Washington State

I love the new design Chris. I was considering the Ohm last year and the one thing that I didn't want to give up was my hipbelt with the bigger pockets.

This now fits my needs perfectly. Most of my hiking is 3-4 day events and the load hauling capacity of my Catalyst is overkill. This would shave off over a pound from my carry weight and provide me an extra pack for my son who is growing into a full-sized pack (he can carry my Catalyst since he has the younger legs).

Jason H

@i2ambler

I just got my Ohm 2.0 and notice that the front pocket is not hemmed at the top – its just folded over. That seems really weird – Is this how it is supposed to be?

Never mind – just checked out some other photos/video of it and noticed that is just the way it is. no biggie!

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

"I just got my Ohm 2.0 and notice that the front pocket is not hemmed at the top – its just folded over. That seems really weird – Is this how it is supposed to be?"

Yes.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools