Topic

Cilogear madness!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cilogear madness!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I suggested that Cilogear fill the 25 liter niche with a pack like their 20 liter worksack with mesh side pockets that will hold 1 liter bottles securely. They could replace the GoLite Ion nicely.

Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

the photo is correct. what you can't see because it's behind the shoulder pad is that the shoulder strap is sewn to the pack on an angle that results in the straps canting out, even though the stitching goes straight across.

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

not to purchase the 30L W/NW Dyneema WorkSack. I do mostly ice and alpine climbing though so. When i am backpacking i am running so i use 18L hydration pack as i travel very light and only for a few days at a time.

If not the Cilo Gear it will be the Mammut Trion Light 28 at 1.68lbs fully waterproof, fully alpine and can be stripped to 500-600 grams.

Cold Cold world and Wild things also wild things can give Cilo Gear a real run for there money. I am more apt to go for the Celo Gear, Cold Cold World or Wild things as they are made in the USA. The features of the Mammut pack are hard to deny thought as it has a removable zip in dry bag and roll top closure and is only $199!!!

Ow yeah you have to seam seal the Cilo Gear packs, i hate that garbage. 50 claimed extra grams and messy crap that peels sooner or later!!

Pierre Descoteaux
    BPL Member

@pierre

Patrick,
    Take a look at the Crux pack. I own their RK30, fully waterproof and bomber fabric. I use it for Ice climbing in the Canadian Rockies and it serves me very well.
    Good pack hunting.
    cheers
    Pierre

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

Thanks those look like fairly legit no frills climbing packs. Exactly what i am looking for.

Cheers/…

patrick walsh

@apbt1976

Just looked at the RK 30 you said you carry. That is a legit pack how does one go about getting one in the US and when it looks as though they are all sold out or out of production?

Pierre Descoteaux
    BPL Member

@pierre

I have to admit, I did not have to get it shipped to Canada. I got mine when I was in the UK. For what it's worth, I'd send them an email.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools