Topic

Pack mods to accommodate larger Bear Canister

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pack mods to accommodate larger Bear Canister

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Has anyone modified their pack to accommodate a larger Bear Canister? I have several packs around 40/ 45 liters and they won't fit the larger containers. I am thinking about an external, top mod, possibly detachable. Either on an Osprey Hornet or an Ohm.

I have come to hide here from a fire next door…: )

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Is your plan to carry the canister empty correct? Just a couple of straps. Does the lid on the hornet not allow you to carry the canister between the main pack and the lid? Longer straps there perhaps.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

: )
    Not empty, full. I am talking about the larger one of the Bareboxers, and it will not fit under the top lid of the Hornet. I don't think it fits into the Ohm either. I don't want to buy/carry a larger pack on longer trips. I can sew additional cubic inches externally for the lighter items. How else to fit that sized can in one of those 2 packs ?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

What am I missing here?

My largest bear canister (BearVault 500) will easily fit into my smallest backpack (Gossamer Gear Murmur). Not only does the BV500 fit, dropped straight down into it, but I can rotate it at the bottom so that it is horizontal.

–B.G.–

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools