Topic

Sub 24 hour trip on the AT

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Sub 24 hour trip on the AT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patrick S

@xpatrickxad

Locale: Upper East TN

This is for Dave's Summer Trip Report contest over at Bedrock And Paradox. The more people that enter this contest the more fun trips we all get to read about. So read mine and post yours!

You can find the full report here: Patrickofeasttn.blogspot.com

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Hi Patrick,
    I enjoyed this writeup, as I have many of your previous reports. It's funny how expectations sometimes get in the way of enjoyment of the moment. Loved the pictures of the sun in the clouds, and the bulls.
    Thanks man,
    Ike

Patrick S

@xpatrickxad

Locale: Upper East TN

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Ike. I learned a lot about attachment and expectations after the premature ending of the BMT hike. The trail was exactly what I expected: road walks, no views, ups and downs through the woods for days, and no people. I usually enjoy walking alone through the woods, but I'm happy I didn't push myself to finish when I realized I wasn't enjoying that trail.

And if anyone is interested I made a new post with a video of my gear list for this trip. The quality is low and the camera work is crummy, but its short and to the point.

Thanks again for checking out the trip report.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Nice job capturing the special quality of the Roan Highlands. I recall being up there one night under my tarp watching two thuderstorms in the distance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools