Topic

New England ultralight weekend!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips New England ultralight weekend!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

Greg, I get out of work in Peterborough at 5, then it takes about 2 hours to get to Northampton… I'll probably be driving myself down to the gathering, unless you're leaving quite late.

Did the Western BPL Weekend get as goofy in the pre-trip stages as this one is? Because this group already seems to be getting a little insane :)

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

Unfortunately it looks like I will not be able to go. I was going to cancel a prior engagement, but it looks like cancellation is not an option.
    I really wanted to get another fall trip in too…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Did the Western BPL Weekend get as goofy in the pre-trip stages as this one is? Because this group already seems to be getting a little insane :)

What do you think? Californians…

tommy d

@vinovampire

I noticed this recent post of Views from the Top regarding Sage's Ravine. I'm not sure if it will impact your plans, but I thought I should pass it along.

http://www.viewsfromthetop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41960

Also, enjoy the weekend! I wish I was joining all of you this weekend, but I'm just noticing this thread now and I already have a little trip planned for the weekend in the mountains. I'd love to meet up with a group of BPL members in the future, maybe further north in VT, NH, or ME.

I look forward to reading about the weekend and some pictures! Have fun!

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

This is the area we'll be hiking if you don't already have a map to print out:
    http://www.imageno.com/crefhath8lzmpic.html

Miriam Stein

@mstein1000

Hello BPL,

Sorry to bust in on your forum but have a great time in New England. Used to live there and love it.

Can anyone help me get in touch with Tony Wong? I see he posted here yesterday and I'm trying to track him down because I'd like to license a few of his photos for a National Geographic book about hiking.

Tony if you see this, please email me at [email protected]. I promise this is for real. You're impossible to find!

Thanks!
    Miriam

Clint Hewitt

@walksoftly33

Locale: New England

Eric

Im not in Maine right now have been doing some work in Western Mass otherwise I would have been more then happy to give you a ride. Sorry it took a while for me to respond I have not had access to a computer traveling.

I look foward to meeting every one, seeing some gear and getting some hiking in.

I love sages ravine have done the hike multiple time, would hike over there but as Bryce said getting out would be difficult back to the cars would be difficult. There are only a few parking spots available at the trail head near there. Also New trails are always good to step on. Im up for anything

Haha, Intimacy kits made me think of this commercial.

"As spices go I find nutmeg to be under utilized"

"hmm… Nutmeg, wonderful spice"

Philip Werner
    BPL Member

@earlylite

Locale: White Mountain National Forest

Are we meeting at the campsite off the Alander Trail then? The one just up from park headquarters.

I'm bringing Ben.
    Philip

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

http://www.imageno.com/crefhath8lzmpic.html

Parking at Forest Headquarters near Hunts Pond, then hiking ~3mi W/NE in on the Alander Mt. Trail to that first/only marked campsite marker (the marker is right under the words "Alander Mt. Trail" on the trail map).

Philip Werner
    BPL Member

@earlylite

cool – thanks for confirming.

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

I'm really sorry guys, but I don't think I can make it out to this one. Unfortunately, I've been catching a cold all week, and I'm afraid that going out this weekend will make it worse. I hope you guys have a blast, and keep this idea alive for the upcoming seasons. I'll catch you guys next time! Stay safe and have fun out there! Oh, and lots of pictures!

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

@Greg @Ryan
    looks like it would be the three of us. I'm going to drive, so I can pick you both up. It sounds like Ryan will be there around 7(?), so if Greg and I leave Boston around 5 we'd meet him around 7 and then another 2hrs to the parking spot near Hunts Pond. Greg, if you get out and want to T over to my place? (I'm near Coolidge Corner) we can avoid driving through the city.

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

That sounds great Steven. I can get to you around 4:30. Thanks.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

So much fun, can't wait to see the pics and do it again!

Philip Werner
    BPL Member

@earlylite

Really a good time. Thanks for organizing/instigating Bryce!

Pete Anderson

@hosaphone

Locale: Boston-ish, MA

So…. Who's around next weekend?

Ryan Linn

@ryan-c-linn

Locale: Maine!

Indeed! Working on trip report and getting the photos together. But with those three thirty-mile days we all did, it's hard to remember all the details.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

YouTube video

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Viewing 21 posts - 101 through 121 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools