Topic

Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Solo on the Lost Coast, 6/23…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Weird……I wrote this and thought I clicked "Post Message" like normal and my post seemed to disappear. I'll write it again and if they both show up, sorry about that.

First off, excellent trip report.

My son attends SFSU and lives right on Haight Street a couple of blocks from Buena Vista Park. Pretty sketchy from a parental point of view. He's a pretty sharp kid, we're confident he'll be alright. I'm actually glad the area is becoming gentrified.

I appreciate that you listened to what your body and mind were telling you and adjusted your trip accordingly.

The next time I do the Lost Coast I'll do an out-and-back from the far northern end at Matolle. That's my favorite part.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Good report Craig. Motivation is a funny thing. That beach walking is hard… Really puts another spin on the phrase, a walk on the beach, doesn't it? It'll be there for you next time.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Thanks for posting. The Lost Coast area is on my "to do" list and from your pics, it looks like conditions stay pretty much the same year-round (green and fairly wet).

Chris Moore

@sorefeet

Locale: PNW

On our to do list. Thanks for the report and pictures. One of the hardest hikes I've done was a 10m round trip at Dungeness Spit in WA. No elevation (unless you count the stairs in the lighthouse) but slogging through sand on an 80+ degree day without a breeze and insufficient water was brutal.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Well written. Excellent pictures. Really interesting.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Thank you everyone, can't wait to get back up there in the future.

Brian Camprini
    BPL Member

@bcamprini

Locale: Southern Appalachians

This sounds like a great trip. Would love to make it over there one of these days. Any suggestions on the best time of year?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools