Topic

JacksRBetter Down Hood and Sleeves

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) JacksRBetter Down Hood and Sleeves

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I’m looking for some feedback by users of the JRB Down Hood and Sleeves. I have 2 No Sniveller Quilts that I love. I read the Spotlites and full reviews. Have you found those reviews to be spot on? How well does the hood fit around your neck and face? What is the lowest temperature you think this setup will handle? Will drafts be an issue? I’m planning an outing in the middle of January in the Colorado Rockies. We’ll be sleeping in snow shelters. This is a 2 night trip so I’m not overly worried about moisture accumulation in the down.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hi Eric,

I’m reviewing those items right now as well as the JRB 4-Season quilt set. I have found the hood and sleeves to be amazing additions to the No Sniveler quilt. They make this a garment that keeps me warm around camp in very cold conditions. The sleeves are also great to layer with other items such as a down vest when you don’t want to wear the whole serape thing.

The only down side to the whole package is wearing it around camp in wet conditions. You don’t really want to get your down bag wet while cooking dinner and the fabric used is not especially water resistant. I now wear a very large rain jacket over the top in inclement conditions and work hard to fully protect the garment (especially the main bag).

Overall though, these are FANTASTIC additions to the No Sniveler. They integrate nicely, are top shelf quality, and are very warm. They should be great additions to your upcoming trip. Just be careful in that snow- be careful to keep things dry. Even in 2 nights, it’s pretty easy to get stuff wet when wearing it.

Have a great trip!
    Doug

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Doug, thanks so much for your reply! I placed my order today. I can’t wait to use them!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools