Topic

Hendrik on Kickstarter!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Hendrik on Kickstarter!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Check it out – Hendrik Morkel of Hiking in Finland is making a video guide to ultralight backpacking – Ultralight A-Z! I helped him get it up on Kickstarter (starting a project is limited to US residents, but backing a project is not!), but all the funding is going to help Hendrik make the series.

I've always liked Hendrik's stuff and think a DVD of the series would make an excellent gift if there's someone you're trying to get into UL – there's also a digital download, and some cool Hiking in Finland t-shirts and stickers. There are even larger sponsorship opporunities for companies and organizations.

Aside from the rewards offered, I just think it's really important to help financially support guys like Hendrik who produce so much of the UL content we read every day.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Good job there you two. I'm onboard. This will be great. Educational and you know with Hendrik it will be entertaining as well.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Shameless promotional bump. For those of you who have not seen any of Hendrik's videos, you should.

Edit: 3 years later and less than half the episodes are finished. I've lost all respect for Hendrik in the way he has handled things in this regard.

Evan McCarthy
    BPL Member

@evanrussia-2

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

Happy to support. Thanks for alerting us to Hendrik's project!

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Thanks Ken, Evan and Devin for your support!

I posted a short first update with photos of the swag and explanations about it! Can't wait to start filming =)

Pilate de Guerre

@deguerre

Locale: SE, USA

Looking ahead to this series! I hope you get the funding you need.

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Thanks Pilate!

Update Two is now online and looks at the topics to be covered.

There's still ten short days to back this project, and make it a reality! I'm certain that it will be of interest to a wide audience, and I'd be delighted to know that the BPL community is supporting me in this endeavor!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Hendrik, I'd like to see you meet your goal comfortably before time's up. Come on people, kick down some dough!

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

I'd have to agree. This is a great project I too hope makes it. Hendrik is naturally hilarious and creative, not to mention he'll take it seriously and do it right. Who knows, this might be one of those things that educates the masses, brings more people out of their homes, and even show mainstream marketers that they can look into innovative fabrics and other materials without worrying that their bottom line won't be met.

Please contribute!

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Thank you Ken and JGG for your continued support – I am very lucky to have you on my side!

We just broke the $5k and are going strongly towards the goal. With eight days to go it looks like we will reach the goal.

What makes me especially proud is the support from the cottages, Katabatic Gear, Locus Gear, Trail Designs, Mountain Laurel Designs and a few others are on board, supporting this community effort! I'm getting very excited, to say the least =)

Chris Hanson

@chrishanson

Locale: Eastern Wyoming

Looking forward to your completed project. I enjoy your blog and check it regularly. I find your information both helpful and entertaining.

Glad to see Devin, a fellow entrepreneur and BPL member, and so many of the cottage industries (and so many other BPL members) supporting the project.

Just goes to show what a great gang of people gather here at BPL.

Good luck in your endeavor!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools