Topic

New Reflective Glowire Cord $13.50 per 50' w/Free shipping

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New Reflective Glowire Cord $13.50 per 50' w/Free shipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

New Product. Never trip over your tent/tarp guyline again when you use our highly reflective Glowire. The Glowire is 3/32″ (2.38mm) in diameter and is made from a Hybrid Blend of Nylon, Polyester, and Dyneema for high strength, low stretch, and the ability for the core to melt into the jacket. The glowire cord has two 3M Reflective tracers so when you hit it with a light, it will shine right back at you. Just like a road sign. The cord has a break strength of 225lbs and is suitable for all sorts of backcountry applications including tent/tarp guy lines, ridge lines, bear bagging and anything else you can can think of. Comes in 50′ and 100′ hanks and in three colors. Like all of our products, this cord is Made in the USA.

LawsonEquipment.com

reflective glowire

Jeremy G
    BPL Member

@gustafsj

Locale: Minnesota

Lawson,

Is your email or PM's working? I've tried contacting you a couple times in the last couple weeks and emails are bouncing back and no response on the PM.

I have a question regarding tarps…

Thanks!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

My email has been up and down since the end of last week. You can email me at [email protected].

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Has anyone received their cord yet? If so what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Lawson

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I should order some of this, but I think I already did last time. Wish I could find it. Or the corde before that.

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

Lawson, I just placed an order. I'd rather you get the $$ than Kelty. ;)

Any idea when I can order a 6L or 8L cuben dry bag?

Don Meredith

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I received mine yesterday, and I love it. It reflects LED light at least as well as Kelty's. And, since it's orange w/ gray reflector stripes, I went to work this afternoon threading it through the little loops on my Absoroka pack and attaching tiny cord locks. Now my Platys will be tied down and not fall out of those slanted pockets, and I have a place to lash my Contrail outside to free up some pack space. And I'll be able to find my pack in the dark. Thanks, Lawson–you offer great products!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Got mine. Haven't really had a chance to use any yet, but it seems pretty perfect for what I wanted. I'll be putting it on my shelters soon.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

My website is finally back online and has been updated so check it out.

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

I like the new look.

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

Hi Lawson,
    I bought an orange 2mm cord from you a while back and it had some sort of waxing/coating on it. I didn't like it much as it makes it harder to roll and the rope is a little stiff. Does this corde also have some waxing or does it feel more like paracord?

Noel

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hi Noel,

I just checked my records and it looked like you purchased the 100% Dyeneema Guywire. The guywire has a bright orange vinyl coating which makes it much more stiff. The new Glowire has no coating so its more flexible. I don't have any new paracord to compare it to but offhand I would say its a bit stiffer but not by much. I hope this helps.

Tim Johnson
    BPL Member

@treebugger

Does this cord accept a taut-line hitch? Thanks.

David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

I got some the other week and just tried a tautline with it–hold great.

This is really nice line–just the right amount of stiffness. Shipping was very fast (+ free!).

Thanks for a great product, Lawson.

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

Do you have 100ft available?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Do you have 100ft available?"

That's the only reason that I didn't buy it. The web site indicates only 50-foot lengths.

Now, you might be able to take two lengths and knot them together…

–B.G.–

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

I forgot to post when I received my cord. Its a nice size and stiffness and you can't beat the customer service. Keep up the good work!

DM

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

did you consider emailing lawson to see if he'd simply cut it into a 100 foot length? if it was possible i'm sure he'd do that for you…

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

The cord comes to me on a spool so I can cut any length you want as long as its in 50' increments. Just tell me how you want it cut in the comments section of your order.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

In the old days, lots of parachute cord was sold. They would cut off 100 feet + 1 inch from the big spool. Then 50 feet was hanked on each end, leaving 1 inch connecting in the middle. A 50-foot label and price was placed around each hank, and the combination was placed in the sales bin. If the customer wanted only one hank, the 1-inch piece was severed and the remaining hank was left in the sales bin. If the customer wanted 100 feet, then he bought both hanks, and he got 100 feet + 1 inch.

–B.G.–

J. Lopes

@jay_nj

The cord is not "slippery" so it should not have trouble with a taut-line hitch. I just made one a minute ago as a test and it held tightly.

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

How well do you think this stuff would work for bear bagging?

I bought 100' a while back of some other orange line that you had, and came looking for that again but didnt see it, only this.

diego dean
    BPL Member

@cfionthefly

I'll be taking a trip where I'll be using a 10 x 14 silynylon tarp basically as a dining fly. Will this cord work to tie out the corners to trees and hold in the wind and rain?

Tyson Marshall
    BPL Member

@sheepngeese

Locale: Ventura County (formerly PNW)

Much brighter than Kelty Triptease and seems to behave nicer than Kelty Triptease.

I replaced all my guylines on my Echo II system. I now have a camouflaged system with bright orange guylines…

Obviously, I received it quickly — Lawson's a champ at getting his stuff out quickly.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hi John,

I would suggest using the dyneema guywire for bear bagging. This cord is slippery and is rated to 1,000lbs and works like a charm for this application.

Hi Diego,

I would suggest using the reflective glowire for your tarp dining fly. This cord is very strong, has very little stretch, works great with lineloc's and hold knots really well. Oh and at night it reflects so you won't trip over it.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools