Topic

Move to Esbit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Move to Esbit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

^ this is my preferred method of lighting as well, doesn't take much either

if you don't carry hand sanitizer, take a knife and scrape some shavings off a corner and then light w/ a match or lighter- much easier than putting a light to a fully intact cube

my experience (w/ the 4dog LT1 stove) is that a cube will boil 16oz (In a SP 600) w/ enough left over to easily do my morning coffee the next day

I tend to use wood more these days, but the Esbit is a nice backup

Kent C.

@kent

Locale: High Sierra

– Bryce: Sorry, I haven't been back to this thread in a while.

I just leave my esbit tabs in their original, sealed packaging before using (stink contained). Forgot to mention the small 3" x 4" zip bag (less than 1/2 gram – scale shows 0 grams) for storing the Ti-wing stove (again, stink contained).

I typically share my stove with a group mate who is also just boiling for FBC-style meal. After boiling the two cupfuls, there is a small amount of the esbit tab left; I let it burn off. The stove is left to cool as I eat. The slight residue is then hard/solid before it gets packed up.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools