Topic

new nook e-reader 1oz lighter than lightest kindle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) new nook e-reader 1oz lighter than lightest kindle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

"What does that mean? There's a big difference between leaving it on the entire time while flipping pages every minute or two or the other 'test' of flipping five pages real quick and then leaving it turned off for the rest of the three weeks. The latter is what I see quoted all too often when the former is really what matters.

At least with the Kindle, technically it's only "on" when the page is being turned or a file being accessed. There's no display power draw in between.

What sucks power in the Kindle is the wireless. If left on, it will drain the battery in two or three days. FWIW the Kindle can be field-recharged with a Solio unit.

Cheers,

Rick

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

I like where I see the e-readers heading. In 2-3 years they will likely have all the features I'm interested in and I'll finally invest in one.

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools