Topic

Modified pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Modified pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brian Hall
    BPL Member

@brian2o0o

I guess myog in this post stands for "modify" your own gear. After trying to almost give this pack away, I found that nobody wanted it lol. So I took a Granite Gear adventure travel pack that weighed 19oz and modified it to where it now weighs 7.5oz. I removed everything but the main part of the bag, shoulder straps, and side bottle pockets. The only thing I added was a new drawcord and bungee cord on the front. Anyways, just thought I would share a few pics.

Before modification:
    Photobucket

After mods front:
    Photobucket
    Side:
    Photobucket
    Back:
    Photobucket

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Looks really good!

tyler marlow

@like-sisyphus

Locale: UTAH

Very nice!

What a great looking pack! looks perfect for a SUL week/weekend

Great job

Al Nichols

@everready

Locale: Sh!^^% Ohio

Attach a few of these and you're on your way.

http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/mountaingoatgear/detachable-mesh-pockets-for-backpacks/

Al

Disclaimer: I never did business with that site but pockets are pretty cool………….

Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

Very cool way to modify the pack and dye it black. Did you rip and then sew the side seams to put in the cord compression system?
    Terry

Brian Hall
    BPL Member

@brian2o0o

Those pockets do look pretty cool. I didn't dye the pack, I guess the low light makes the blue look darker. I had planned to pull the seams loose where I was going to put the cord loops, but the way the pack was sewed they would have been facing the wrong direction if that makes sense. I ended up just cutting small squares of the blue fabric and sewing that on top and through the cord loop underneath.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools