Topic

Upload pictures thru non-3G iPad?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Upload pictures thru non-3G iPad?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Is there a way to do this?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Sure, find a wi-fi hotspot

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

That is how I'm posting but looks like there's no ip address for the "add photo"

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Done completely on the iPad, using safari and photos in the "previously uploaded"link.

Can't tell you, unfortunately, how those photos came to be, though

casey and carbon

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Test2

.Thing

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Okay. Yes, you can do it, but the only way I've figured out how to do it is a bit of a kludge. But here's how I did it:

First launched iCab, logged in to BPL, and then either create a new thread or respond to an existing post.

Touch the "insert image at cursor". Depending on how you have iCab set up, it either replaces the existing window with the pic upload screen, or launches a new tab with the pic upload screen. Choose the 'choose file' button, and then touch the 'photos' button, and it'll allow you to choose a photo in your current photo repository on the iPad. IMPORTANT – look at the name of the image in the dialog box and remember it! Hit upload. You'll get a success message.

Quit iCab. Launch Safari. Either create the new thread you wanted to create, or navigate back to the post you were responding to. Hit the reply, put your cursor in the dialog box and type or whatever, and when ready for the image, hit the 'insert image at cursor' button. Safari will launch a new window. choose 'select a previously uploaded image' and then scroll to the image name you just uploaded via iCab (this is why you have to remember the name, it might just be a bunch of numbers, etc.). Choose the one you want, hit the appropriate button, and you should get a 'success' or whatever message.

Go back to the first screen where you reply is, hit post message, and you should be good to go.

Okay, more than a bit of a kludge. But it works. If I ever get the time, I'll play with more browsers and see if any of them will work without switching. So far I've tried Safari, 360 web browser and iCab, and iCab is the only one that will allow you to upload an image, but it doesn't tie the upload dialog box back to the original window. Safari and 360 do tie the second box back to the first, but won't allow you to upload a file (the choice is greyed out in both).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Can't you transfer a picture to the desktop and upload from there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools