Topic

Help Me Find the Gaps!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Help Me Find the Gaps!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stefano Prezioso

@stefprez

Hi Everyone,

I'd love to get some reviews on my first list. I know of a couple gaps, and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Some of the things I just haven't weighed yet cause I'm being lazy. I'm not going to point them out so you can help me find any gaps I missed! Basically, I have the mentality of "If I don't have to break the bank for it, and it works, I'll take the lightest option I can get." I'm not quite into the super ultra-light deal yet, but I'll get there eventually. Right now, I'm just looking for the thumbs up on having all the necessities covered. Like I said, there are gaps, so help me figure out the ones I missed!

Thanks a lot!

P.S. No consumables currently. Also, this is a summer list mainly. Probably could take me into the shoulder seasons with some slight clothing changes.

P.S.S. I'm a hammock guy. I know I've got everything covered in terms of hammock and tarp set up, so if you don't know about the wonderful world of hammocking, don't worry. (I'd be glad to fill you in! :D)

http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3278

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

No fist aid?
    No navigation?
    No toiletries?
    No water container?
    No water treatment?
    No eating utensil?
    Stakes listed twice?

Stefano Prezioso

@stefprez

Check, check, and check. All on my "I'll do it tomorrow" list. :) Thanks! Anything else?

Edit: Awesome. I think these are all of the gaps. Reminded me I wanted to do a bit of research on some of them. Thanks again!

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

Look at my on-line list HERE:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/forums/gear_lists/80a5cd1800fbac69c35fad3f320f5461.pdf

Use this as a starter template for what you'll need.

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

You didn't post any where or when on your list, making it pretty hard to offer any insights. Is this the Yukon or the Mojave?

I started a thread titled:
    Suggested GEAR LIST ETIQUETTE

– LINK –

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=31018&skip_to_post=262364#262364

I started this thread because there are some key points that really help when you post a gear list.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools